Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

New 303, Water Leak at Inlet

First trip out in my new 303. It's leaking water after the pump pressurises at the water hose inlet. Seams to be coming from/thru the hose screen which probably means it's coming thru another valve..

Any wisdom on how or what to look for??

Thanks

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There's a valve in the fresh water inlet. You might be able to push it in with an ice pick but be careful. I trashed mine winterizing one time so I just took a 1/2 plastic pipe plug and capped it off.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks, I thought since I could fill or pump into the tank from a water can, that there was no valve there. But after removing the screen and pushing it in, it reseated its self and no more leaky. Easy Peasy!!

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The inlet check valve has been a chronic problem, particularly on the Kantleak systems. Several of us have put a permanent 1/4 turn brass ball valve on the inlet. These are commonly available garden hose valves. One more valve to turn, but if water is not supposed to be coming out and/or air is not supposed to be going in at this connection . . . this will solve it.

Rob
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_1586.jpg   IMG_1587.jpg  
    Cate & Rob
    2015 Reflection 303RLS

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rob - did you put in an after-market external shower? Your setup looks different from mine. Looks like you have some sort of quick connector (orange) just above the on/off fawcet handles. is that where you attache the shower hose when you want to use it? My shower head and hose runs back behind the wall.
    Joe & Kim Procter
    2016 Refection 303RLS
    2011 Ford 250, 6.7L Diesel 4X4

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Joeyp59 View Post
    Rob - did you put in an after-market external shower? Your setup looks different from mine. Looks like you have some sort of quick connector (orange) just above the on/off fawcet handles. is that where you attache the shower hose when you want to use it? My shower head and hose runs back behind the wall.
    Hi Joe - after I posted those pictures . . . I thought, someone is going to pick up on that other mod .

Yes . . . I took out the original "outside shower" which was exactly as you describe and not very useful. I replaced it with a panel that I made myself which includes hot & cold faucets and a hose connection. I use these hose quick connects (the orange female and grey male parts) on all my hoses, sprayers,etc. After I did this, I now see that GDRV has also gone to a system that is very similar to what I built myself, but with different connectors.

Being able to use a longer hose to wash a certain pair of border collies, away from the trailer with warm water, has proven very useful .

Rob
    Cate & Rob
    2015 Reflection 303RLS