User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Tigerbug

6pt leveling system & 16" wheels on Reflection 337 RLS

Having a 6pt leveling system is one our top items on our wish list. We would like to remain in the Reflection 337RLS as it has everything else we want. I know the Solitude line does include the 6pt leveling system as an option.

My question, although not a listed option, can this actually be added to the Reflection 337 RLS is desired? If yes is this something that Grand Design would do if the 337RLS was ordered from the factory rather than purchased off of a dealer's lot? I know there are after market types of systems, but would prefer something that Grand Design installs knowing it would then be the right match for the trailer. Don't want to guess.

Also, I am seeing new posts mentioning 16" wheels/tires can in fact be ordered on a Reflection. This is also something we desire in a 5th wheel of this size. Can 16" wheels/tires now be an ordered option as well on a Reflection?

We are closing in on a decision but would like to know the above to help us find the "Right" trailer for us.

Thanks so much.

Tigerbug

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: 6pt leveling system & 16" wheels on Reflection 337 RLS

[quote author=Tigerbug link=topic=169.msg858#msg858 date=1385811735]
    Also, I am seeing new posts mentioning 16" wheels/tires can in fact be ordered on a Reflection. This is also something we desire in a 5th wheel of this size. Can 16" wheels/tires now be an ordered option as well on a Reflection?

Tigerbug
    [/quote]

I can tell firsthand that the 337 RLS comes with 235/80/R16 LRE's and 6000 lb axles as standard. The 15" wheels/tires with 5200 lb axles are on the 293 RES and 303 RLS.

Dave
    Dave and Monica - Gore Bay, Ontario
    Vitus the Hungarian Vizsla
    2014 Reflection 337 RLS #129
    2008 F250 V10 CC Lariat RWD

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The 6 point leveling system in the Solitude is a hydraulic system. This requires that the trailer be designed for it with space for the lines to run to each of the 6 points and an area for the main controls. The Reflection was not designed for this. You can get an official response from Grand Design, but I do not think it is feasible to add that on the 337.

There are a couple of electric systems that can be added after you purchase the trailer. I am considering adding a 4 point one at some time, but since we just got our trailer I will wait until I have been on a few trips to decide. I do like the rear stabilizers being just behind the rear wheels with snap pins.

Robert
    Reflection 337 (#238), F250 Lariat diesel, 4X4, short bed crew cab
    Robert & Sheila, Amarillo, TX
    2013 F250 short bed crew cab, diesel, 4X4, Firestone air bags
    2014 Reflection 337, Michelin XPS Ribs, Anderson Ultimate Fifth wheel hitch

Tigerbug

Happy Camper
    Knowing the 337RLS does indeed come with 16" wheels removes one obstacle to choosing that model. Thanks for sharing.

Goodnight
    Your answer on the 6pt is what I thought but still disappointing. I just really prefer the factory installed hydraulic 6pt system. This is a concern so now doing more research trying to find the right fit in a GD model for us. I will be towing with an F350 diesel SRW, 4x4 so I do believe we COULD pull a Solitude 305RE just fine, your thoughts? I just want to be sure that even in mountain driving the tow vehicle is a good match for the trailer. We want to feel comfortable driving in the mountains and not have to worry one bit about getting up AND down without issues. This is our #1 priority so we may well have to stay in a Reflection for that reason. I will take the Solitude 305RE specs to my Ford dealer and have him run the numbers for us. I don't see us going into a dual real wheel truck at this time.

Thanks again for the replies to my post.

Tigerbug

Mentioned
    229 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You will be fine with a SRW 350.

Unless it is a 10 year old truck, you have plenty of power and brakes for a Solitude.

If it sags a bit when loaded, use airbags to level it out.
    Steve- Inventory Manager at Tom Schaeffer's RV, Shoemakersville, PA www.tomschaeffers.com
    [email protected]
    2011 RAM 3500 SRW Outdoorsman Edition 4X4, 6.7 Cummins--TWEAKED!
    2021 Reflection 310RLS

Tigerbug

Yes the F350 will be new (2013 or 2014) depends what they have on the lot vs ordering. Will go with Diesel, crew cab, 4x4, mid size bed, SRW

Also in final process of deciding on hitch. I do plan to go with an auto slider. While it may not be needed with any frequency, having it is peace of mind so I will go with it. Not sure which as I have gotten down to final two choices:
    a) Pull Rite Superglide 18K
    or
    b) Demco Hijacker Auto Slide 18K
    Will use clean under bed mount for whatever I choose.
    We have been planning this move to our first 5th wheel for some time and as such everything will be new (truck, 5th wheel,hitch, and any accessories). Hardest part is making ifnal decision on trailer based on options we want.

Again thanks for the replies.
    Tigerbug

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You may want to post this and ask for opinions in the 'Tow Vehicle' of the forum. With the new design front caps, I'd be surprised if you'd need a slider at all with a 6 1/2 ft bed. I never used the manual slider that I have with my last 5vr that didn't have the rounded lower corners on the cap as the new ones have. The camper didn't come close driving forward, turning at full steering lock...would only come close if you tried to jack-knife it backing up. The auto-sliders are big and heavy...as much as twice the weight of a non-slider.

Just a thought...

Dave
    Dave and Monica - Gore Bay, Ontario
    Vitus the Hungarian Vizsla
    2014 Reflection 337 RLS #129
    2008 F250 V10 CC Lariat RWD

Manufacturer
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi @Tigerbug -

Thanks for considering the Reflection, we hope we can meet your needs! Currently, both the Reflection 337RLS and the Reflection 323BHS come with 16" tires (and 6000# axles). The Reflection 293RES and the Reflection 303RLS come with 15" tires (and 5200# axles. The 6-point hydraulic auto leveling system is not an available option on the Reflection 337RLS, so we would not be able to install it here at the factory as your RV is being built; however, the 337RLS DOES include a 4-point manual leveling system. As @cgoodnight advised, if you are interested in installing an aftermarket electric auto leveling system please contact your dealer or Lippert (www.lci1.com or by phone at 574-535-1125) directly to discuss.

I do need to add that modifying your RV could affect your warranty as the aftermarket parts, installation and any potential damage caused by the modification is not covered by either of our limited product warranties. Please contact your dealer or our Warranty Dept. (our phone number in my signature, below) if you have further questions.

Hope this helps and thanks everyone for the comments

~ Janice

Mailing & shipping address: Grand Design RV, Attn: Customer Support, 13868 CR 4, Bristol IN 46507
    Hours: Monday - Friday (8:00 am - 5:00 pm EST, closed holidays)

- Phones: Grand Design RV Corporate at (574) 825-8000 or Customer Support (direct) at (574) 825-9679
    - Fax: (574) 825-9249
    - Email: [email protected]

- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/GrandDesignRv
    - Twitter: https://twitter.com/granddesignrv
    - Google+: https://plus.google.com/113479014558069639097
    - LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/grand-design-rv-llc
    - Vimeo: https://vimeo.com/granddesignrv
    - YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCHa...PuUd3J3NHNyXVQ

For EMERGENCY or immediate assistance contact your RV dealer or GDRV Customer Support directly at (574) 825-9679 with your 17-digit RV VIN, name, and phone number.