Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

New to forum, prospective 337 Reflection owners.

Hello all, We are Erick & Cyndi. We are in the process of choosing a 5th wheel and until two days ago we were intent on a Montana High Country. We wen't to look at the Reflection 337 and both of us pretty much knew right away this was the one. Happy to have discovered this forum, been poking around since yesterday. Didn't take long to realize what a terrific resource this is and the group seems really friendly as well.....

Just fyi, I (Erick) will be the one posting most of the time.......
    Erick & Cyndi Prescott Valley Az. Unless otherwise indicated, Erick is posting...
    2018 Dodge 3500 DRW 4WD
    2023 Solitude 310GK, "Pearl"

Site Sponsor Gold Country Livin''s Avatar
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Welcome!

This is a great source of info.
    2016 GMC 2500 HD Denali Crew Cab 4x4 Duramax
    2017 Reflection 303 RLS #13156 3/2017
    B & W turnover ball with Andersen Ultimate
    Disc Brakes
    TireTraker TT-505 tpms

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Welcome to our group Eric and Cyndi! We believe Grand Design gives the most bang for the buck, and us owners are the best people on earth! We're also very humble. Good luck!
    2018 Freedom Elite 24FE, 2 Yorkies, and my wife MARILYN, HAM call K0LCB. Traveling around this great country, making friends and seeing lot of beautiful and interesting places

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Welcome Erick & Cyndi. I don't envy your process. We went through it as did most folks here.

I will say that we have had our 337 for over 2 years and it's our best trailer yet (our 6th RV). We came from a 2011 Cougar High Country and couldn't be happier we made the change. Also, our best camping friends have a Montana High Country and they sincerely wish they had our trailer all the time. It's a fit and finish thing and a customer support issue.

Anyway, good luck with your decision!
    Paul "Poppy" and Deb Cervone
    2022 Imagine XLS 22MLE
    2021 Imagine XLS 17MKE - SOLD ; 2015 Grand Design Reflection 337RLS - SOLD
    2016 GMC Denali 3500HD SRW Duramax/Allison CC 4x4; Tire Minder TPMS

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Welcome Eric & Cyndi. We searched for over a year and are happy with our decision to get a Reflection 303 instead of a Montana High Country. We have had our Reflection for 3 1/2 years.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Kay & Dave - Virginia Beach, VA
    Golden Retriever Molly - Been swimming in 28 states
    2019 Solitude 310GK
    2019 GMC Denali CC/LB SRW
    Previous rig: 2014 Reflection 303RLS #314 and 2008 Silverado 2500 D/A

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Welcome aboard and good luck on your decision!
    2016 Grand Design Reflection 337RLS

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Welcome! Glad you're here.

Red
    Location - Wherever the road takes us...Full-timers
    2015 Momentum 380
    2019 Ram Dually

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you all for the welcomes. I'm sure I will have a few questions down the road. In the mean time however, I have been having fun poking around and have found most of what I've been looking for via the search function (big fan of search functions).....

Erick
    Erick & Cyndi Prescott Valley Az. Unless otherwise indicated, Erick is posting...
    2018 Dodge 3500 DRW 4WD
    2023 Solitude 310GK, "Pearl"

Mentioned
    187 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Welcome to the forum and the family. I believe you will be very happy with a 337. It is the right floor plan for the two of us and we are very comfortable full-timing in it. That said, there are a couple of things to be mindful of as you go into the process...

First of all, although the Reflections are billed as "mid profile" fifth wheels, the pin weight on the 337 can easily end up north of 3,000 lbs. For this reason, you have the perfect truck to tow it. Second - and probably most important - you may have already read on this and other forums about the "greased brakes" issue many owners have been having with Lippert suspension systems. The fix is easy, and several new buyers have insisted that the selling dealer pull the hubs prior to PDI, inspect the bearings seals and brakes, and clean drums, replace brake pads and seals, and reassemble as necessary. Greased brakes don't stop a rig very well. Finally, several of us have had problems with bent axles or spindles (from the factory or damaged during delivery). Keep a close eye on tire wear and have any suspension system issues addressed while still under warranty.

My intent is not to scare you away from what is, in total, a very good RV. I believe it's just better to check these things out up front rather than to find out about them hundreds of miles from home and the support of your dealer.

Happy camping!

Rob

P.S. - we are just east of Temecula right now and will be passing through Palmdale and spending a night in Lancaster on the way to Camp Roberts this next week...
    U.S. Army Retired
    2012 F350 DRW CC LB Lariat PS 6.7
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes,
    Sailun LRG tires, solar, DP windows, W/D
    (Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
    Full time since 08/2015

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We almost pulled the trigger on the Montana then we came across the 337. A few selling points for us was the layout. We love the larger closet and the bar is deeper and has more storage than the Montana. The mid profile and wight are perfect and it tows like a dream. We've been semi full timers for the last 2 months and have no regrets on our decision.
    Mike & Jaimie :cool:
    2005 Chevrolet 2500HD LB 4x4 Durmax
    2017 Reflection 337RLS, Build Date 11/2016
    2005 Crossroads Cruiser 29RE (2006-2017)
    2000 Skyline Nomad 2585 Bunkhouse (2003-2006)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast