User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Any owners of the new 307 MKS out there ??

Wow .... Haven't heard of many 307 MKS buyers here ??

I saw a 307 MKS online at GD website in December and got really impressed for my needs.
    The mid-kitchen floor plan interested me cause I wanted a desk for my laptop and photo editing
    and I need a window on the counter where I cook. We all have our wants and needs !!

I was surprised how much GD changed some designs in the structural engineering in this model.
    It came with a 10" I beam, 6,000 lb axles, 3,000 lb springs, upgraded 6,000 to 8,000 Equa-Flex suspension withbronze bushings (or so I'm told),
    The opposing slides are less than 100 lbs difference in weight because the refrigerator is installed at the rear of the coach.)

I must be one of a rare few with an 8 cf frig. cause I didn't want to pay $1,500 extra for 12 cf frig and planned on an 8 cf anyway.
    but the EXTRA storage cabinet on the side keeps any heavy stuff at the rear of the trailer.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	8 cf frig.jpg 
Views:	64 
Size:	88.7 KB 
ID:	7674
    The GVW is 9,875 lbs and the pin wt was 1,600 and all these upgraded specs give it a GVWR of 12, 995 lbs ??
    I'll NEVER carry a thousand lbs of that payload but it sure feels nice knowing its built to !!
    It also came with 16" wheels and 245 75R 16 " tires

HOWEVER...... BUYERS BEWARE !!!!!
    Unit was delivered to dealer with all four greasy brakes ( you hadda know that !!),

FYI..... I had notified dealer to inspect and replace all four wheels BEFORE I would take delivery.
    Lippert was super-accommodating .... in arranging expedited shipping of four all new assemblies and the dealer kept me informed of the replacement via photos all along the way.

Thanks all
    Michael
    Last edited by Da Breeze; 05-04-2017 at 12:08 PM. Reason: Didn't realize I was model-bashing....SORRY
    Previously known as mikgala

F-250 7.3 PSD Lariat Super Cab LB wt 152K - 25 row Ford tranny cooler, A&E Air Intake system, TS-6 high performance Super Chip, Air Ride airbags, Bilstein shocks

2017 Reflection 307 MKS 9,875 UVW / 12,995 GVWR / 1,605 Pin

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi Michael- somehow missed your post earlier this month. We also bought the 307. Was delivered to the dealer a few weeks ago, but we haven't taken delivery yet. Hoping to do so this weekend. Ours came with the 12cf fridge- was mandatory "option" when we ordered it.

I was surprised, too, to find out there are 2 grey tanks. After thinking about it, though, not too concerned. I figure we will leave the dump valve from the kitchen tank open to continuously drain and use the bathroom grey tank to rinse the sewer hose after dumping the black tank. Being first timers, I don't know if my thinking is correct. Will see after our first trip in May.
    Barb and Blair, retired and loving it
    2017 F250 Lariat Super Cab, Short bed, 4x4, diesel, Tow Technology Bundle, Pullrite 16K Autoslide
    2017 Reflection 307MKS, 3/17 Build
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Welcome to the 307 Club !!!
    Soooo SORRY for the delay in responding BUT I've been prepping the rig for a cross-country trip next week.
    I'll be gone for about 8 months but I will be posting any issues that arise.

I would not suggest leaving the kitchen waste hose open as sewer gas from the tanks in the campgrounds might seep into your rig, possibly bypassing the air vent under the sink or the P-trap.
    Nothings perfect, I guess but I plan on retrofitting the waste line to the front line and extending the main waste down a foot or so. with a sanitary wye.

We'll see...
    Been living in mine for a month straight in South Florida heat and humidity awaiting the tornado season to end and the trailer has been GREAT and trouble-free.

Good Luck with your rig. Its a great floor plan for our needs.

Michael

F-250 7.3 PSD Lariat Super Cab LB wt 152K - 25 row Ford tranny cooler, A&E Air Intake system, TS-6 high performance Super Chip, Air Ride airbags, Bilstein shocks

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi Michael- 8 month trip!! Sounds awesome. Judging from your map, you've been doing this for awhile. Just curious about your air conditioning. Did you get the second A/C unit for the bedroom? Wondering if the A/C kept you comfortable in the Florida heat and humidity. We have family relocating to the Venice area this summer, so I expect we will be looking for a nice RV park in that area for extended stays.

Safe Travels,
    Blair
    2017 F250 Lariat Super Cab, Short bed, 4x4, diesel, Tow Technology Bundle, Pullrite 16K Autoslide
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cmillsbl View Post
    Hi Michael- 8 month trip!! Sounds awesome. Judging from your map, you've been doing this for awhile. Just curious about your air conditioning. Did you get the second A/C unit for the bedroom? Wondering if the A/C kept you comfortable in the Florida heat and humidity. We have family relocating to the Venice area this summer, so I expect we will be looking for a nice RV park in that area for extended stays.

Safe Travels,
    Blair
    Hi Blair,
    Welcome to the world of the Unexpected ....
    Actually that map was all done in one year in 2001, a mid-life crisis of sorts. 40 states, 25,000 miles, 3 countries and NO experience

I haven't towed a thing since.... BUT my new fiver and this new half-fulltiming life was on the top of my Bucket List

To answer your question, I got the second factory A/C thinking it was cost-effective. Actually, the two systems work within the same duct system so really aren't separate as I thought. BUT... I keep it on 80 during the day and its very cool (surprisingly) !!! You don't say IF you got the second A/C ???

I set LR to 75 at night and it cools the bedroom QUIETLY cause they are a little LOUD... especially in bedroom right over your bed.
    In the daytime, I set the bedroom to 77, 3 degrees lower than LR to balance sound (and unit wear) and this 3 degree offset works very well even in 90 degrees heat and humidity..
    I haven't had any real problems with the trailer in the last month, ( except for greasy brakes that the dealer replaced BEFORE delivery), upon my insistence.
    I've had a lot to do prepping this with my personal mods to our rig.
    I heard GD was making the 12 cf frig a mandatory upgrade, especially after building mine which was one of the first.

Good Luck and stay in touch,

Michael

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have not found many posts for the 307. I take delivery of my 2018 in a couple of weeks. We liked the layout for the desk as a sewing/quilting area for my wife and the extra counter space. We plan to take it to Alaska for a 6 week trip this fall. We have a few week long trips planned this summer to work out the bugs and complete a few mods. Learning a few things on this site, lots of great info! Thanks for sharing.
    Todd and Laura
    2015 F350 Lariat 4x4 CREW LB, SRW, 6.7
    2018 GD Reflection 307MKS
    2006 Lund 2000SE, Mercury 4 stroke 150hp

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Todd, welcome to the forum! I sent you a private message.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tdud68 View Post
    I have not found many posts for the 307. I take delivery of my 2018 in a couple of weeks. We liked the layout for the desk as a sewing/quilting area for my wife and the extra counter space. We plan to take it to Alaska for a 6 week trip this fall. We have a few week long trips planned this summer to work out the bugs and complete a few mods. Learning a few things on this site, lots of great info! Thanks for sharing.
    Hi Todd. Welcome to the forum. We have had our 307 for a year now and love it. Traveled about 8K miles last summer. First long trip was from Wisconsin to California. Second was from Wisconsin to Florida. The 307 has been great, the truck not so much.

Good luck with your travels.
    Blair
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Blair,

Thanks for the reply. Good to hear you are enjoying the 307. What truck issues did you have? I have the F350 with the 6.7 and don't anticipate any big issues. No air bags yet, I will wait to see how it handles in loaded condition.
    Todd and Laura
    2015 F350 Lariat 4x4 CREW LB, SRW, 6.7
    2018 GD Reflection 307MKS
    2006 Lund 2000SE, Mercury 4 stroke 150hp

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My wife and I also purchased a 2018 307MKS last fall we did get all of the upgrades (12CF fridge with cabinet doors, SS appliances, updated counter tops and SS sink in bathroom. We loved the layout as well. The desk area has actually become my coffee bar as well as a place to work. We have made several modifications such as add a stone style back splash in the kitchen, updated the bathroom sink, door handle to locking. Installed RV Lock keyless locks on all doors and baggage areas and installed tumbler locks on the front hatch. I am looking into updating the Pin Box to a Moryde w-Rubber Insert. Recently updated the TV shocks to Bilstein 4600 to go with the Firestone Ride Rite air bag wireless compressor system. Love the 307MKS.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast