Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Is there a forum to discuss Ford issues?

Of all things a section of my tailpipe falls off. On the F-250 diesel exhaust there is a section of tailpipe, flanges on both ends to bolt it in place, that dropped out on I-95. This is a spacer piece of pipe between the end of the muffler/catalytic converter and the crossover tailpipe end. It is probably different lengths depending if you have a short bed, long bed, full cab etc. It appears the bolts have failed. I had to have the new part ordered as no one carries this in stock and the local Ford dealer service dept says they've never seen one fail. Anyway, I'd like to look to see if anyone else has registered this issue. Is there a Ford forum to review and/or find out if I can get reimbursement from Ford? This is going to set me back about $400.
    Tom & Nancy
    Newport, MI
    369RL, #302

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Try http://www.ford-trucks.com

They have sub forums by model.
    Jerry & Linda
    Emma & Abby our Mini Golden Doodles & JR our Amazon Parrot
    2017 Reflection 337RLS, Build Date 01/2017, Titan Disk Brakes, Goodyear G614s 235/85/16 G Rated tires
    2022 F-450 King Ranch Ultimate, 4,868 lb Payload, Bedrug Bedliner, Andersen Ultimate II Aluminum 5th wheel hitch
    http://visitedstatesmap.com/image/FLGANCSCsm.jpg

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I believe there is a Ford Owner's group.
    2018 Freedom Elite 24FE, 2 Yorkies, and my wife MARILYN, HAM call K0LCB. Traveling around this great country, making friends and seeing lot of beautiful and interesting places

We Have a Great Site Team WhittleBurner's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TNFSolitude View Post
    Of all things a section of my tailpipe falls off. On the F-250 diesel exhaust there is a section of tailpipe, flanges on both ends to bolt it in place, that dropped out on I-95. This is a spacer piece of pipe between the end of the muffler/catalytic converter and the crossover tailpipe end. It is probably different lengths depending if you have a short bed, long bed, full cab etc. It appears the bolts have failed. I had to have the new part ordered as no one carries this in stock and the local Ford dealer service dept says they've never seen one fail. Anyway, I'd like to look to see if anyone else has registered this issue. Is there a Ford forum to review and/or find out if I can get reimbursement from Ford? This is going to set me back about $400.
    ford truck enthusiats
    Try
    Marcy & Gary
    2014 Grand Design - Reflection 303RLS
    2022 GMC 3500 Denali Duramax Longbed SRW
    2015 GMC Denali 3500 - Retired
    2003 F350 - retired
    Michigan
    We're in trouble now, the dog are bloggin'!
    https://3dogsandatrailer.wordpress.com/

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I posted on Ford-Trucks. Here's a couple of photos. If you own a Ford pick-up, mine is a 2013, you can check the exhaust pipe looking down from the passenger side rear wheel well. My F250 is an extended cab, short bed so this missing part is only 5 inches. Full 4 door or long bed options have a longer pipe. I've been going around the campground here talking to fellow Ford owners pointing out the part and to keep an eye on the bolts rusting away. In my case all 6 bolts were broken. I'm going to pursue with Ford but I don't have much hope in getting a reimbursement, $380.00 for the repair.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 100_0566.jpg   100_0570.jpg   100_0569.jpg  
    Tom & Nancy
    Newport, MI
    369RL, #302

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    www.thedieselstop.com

Lots of good info and knowledgeable folks, including Ford techs. While there is no association with FMC, Ford Motor Customer Service does monitor the site.
    John & Joyce
    2017 Solitude 375RES
    2018 Ford F-450 King Ranch
    I'd Rather Have More Truck Than I Need Than Need More Truck Than I Have

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you have an exhaust problem and your truck's not in warranty, you take your truck to a good quality muffler shop--specializing in exhaust issues. Take it to a dealer and they're going to eat your pocketbook--simply put.

The chances are that the muffler shop can fix your truck and have you back on the road in a matter of minutes.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bill Hewitt down near Atlanta has powestrokehelp.com they know tons about Ford. I'm going to check under my 2011 Ford this morning. Good luck!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    The Adams - 2017 Reflection 367BHS, 2019 F-350 6.7L PSD 4x4 CC DRW, B&W hitch on Ford pucks, Air Lift Loadlifter 5000 Ultimate Plus air bags, "Rupert" the Weimaraner.

Mentioned
    136 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I had a 2013 F150, never notice any issues down there. I see you're in MI, i wonder if it's a problem from salt on the roads. Maybe after you get it fixed, you should use the underbody wash at a car wash more frequently during the winter months? I agree above, if out of warranty, goto an exhaust shop, even if they cant replicate the exact piece im sure they can still help make something that works.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
    2023 Momentum 398M-R
    2023 Ford F-450

SOLD - 2021 Reflection 311BHS
    SOLD - 2017 Momentum 399TH

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast