Anyone order the generator prep and put in a generator in their Solitude?

We started looking at the Reflection 337 but can't get the 6pt level up system we want in that model which is something we desire. As a result we are now moving to the Solitude line to see if the the 305RE will be a fit for us. One of the other items I would like is an on board generator. This is a nice to have not a must have for us but I'd like to learn more about it. We will travel with two Australian Shepherds and would like the option of running the air conditioning while away from the trailer when not in a spot with electric service.

I see generator prep is an option and wondered if anyone has on their Solitude. If so can you share what generator you put in and where does it go on the unit? Did you get the generator from your GD dealer?

With the prep kit as an option is this a turn key system, meaning is it fully wired into the trailer so its as simple as ordering the prep and then adding the generator? Once done do all of the onboard systems (lights, TV, air conditioning) work by simply flipping a switch like the generators work on a motorhome?

If there is anyone from Grand Design monitoring this thread I would appreciate you weighing in to hel guide us.

Thanks to all, Tigerbug