Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Country Rose RV Park Kanab Ut/Fredonia AZ - Particularly Nice Owner

While passing through Kanab, UT our truck broke down. The only RV park that had availability for an indeterminate amount of time was Country Rose RV Park 6 miles South of highway 89 and Kanab.

Country Rose RV Park

John, the owner, is a retired underground engineer. He lost his wife to Alzheimer's. He bought the park as a project to keep himself occupied. He is what makes this place special. I needed to get some stuff from the truck before it was towed to a Chevy dealership for warranty work. I asked him about car rentals, he said not to bother with a car rental, he'd take me up there in his pickup. I offered to pay him and he said no thanks, that's not the way things work around here.

He later offered to give me a ride to pick up my truck when the repair was done, that's 80 miles from here.

The park itself is small. Only a few pull through sites. They are a bit narrow but doable. The back in sites are nicer, wider, cement pad for lawn chairs, grass. Kanab is becoming an OHV destination. Lots of BLM land to explore. It's a bit of a drive from here to some of the major attractions. But as we are finding out this part of the country is becoming very popular.

Site Sponsor Gold Country Livin''s Avatar
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    With stories like this, there is still hope for humanity, when I think all is lost! This owner is a jewel. What we can do is pass on the info to those going there and remember to use their services! Forums like this will help us and help him and his business. We went through Kanab 2 years ago traveling from Grand Canyon to Bryce / Zion. If I am in that area again, will have stored this info in my head.
    2016 GMC 2500 HD Denali Crew Cab 4x4 Duramax
    2017 Reflection 303 RLS #13156 3/2017
    B & W turnover ball with Andersen Ultimate
    Disc Brakes
    TireTraker TT-505 tpms

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by D2Reid View Post
    While passing through Kanab, UT our truck broke down. The only RV park that had availability for an indeterminate amount of time was Country Rose RV Park 6 miles South of highway 89 and Kanab.

Country Rose RV Park

John, the owner, is a retired underground engineer. He lost his wife to Alzheimer's. He bought the park as a project to keep himself occupied. He is what makes this place special. I needed to get some stuff from the truck before it was towed to a Chevy dealership for warranty work. I asked him about car rentals, he said not to bother with a car rental, he'd take me up there in his pickup. I offered to pay him and he said no thanks, that's not the way things work around here.

He later offered to give me a ride to pick up my truck when the repair was done, that's 80 miles from here.

The park itself is small. Only a few pull through sites. They are a bit narrow but doable. The back in sites are nicer, wider, cement pad for lawn chairs, grass. Kanab is becoming an OHV destination. Lots of BLM land to explore. It's a bit of a drive from here to some of the major attractions. But as we are finding out this part of the country is becoming very popular.
    I saved to my "RV Parks" folder for future reference. Places with reviews like this will get my business!
    Curtis, Christine, Cole, and Charlotte

2007 Chevrolet Silverado Duramax LBZ, CCLB
    2020 Momentum 351M

King Pin
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    We travel from Tucson to Salt Lake several times a year to visit family. We usually stop for one night in the Kanab area. This park now goes to the top of our list. Thanks for sharing.

Jim