Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wardrobe slide appears to be leaking. 27RL

Second season with our 27RL and we are experiencing a problem on heavy rains, where the wardrobe slide leaks water onto the bathroom floor. This is a new problem and I can not see anything obvious. Of course we are out of warranty so I have to figure this out on my own. This is a swintek slide a and I can not see where water is entering except it seems to be on bottom of slide towards rear. Anyone have any ideas. We stay in our unit all winter and have never experienced this before as slide has been out all winter.

Thanks
    Steve
    Steve & Bunny
    Michigan
    2015 Grand Design Reflection 27RL
    2015 Chevrolet Silverado 2500 HD 6.0

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Out of warranty? I thought these Grand Designs had a 3 year structural warranty! In my opinion any leaks should be considered
    "structure" and be covered. I will be watching this thread since I have a new 27RL. I recently added slide awnings because on my old 5th wheel we had them and never encountered any leaks. Of course that was a different brand of 5th wheel.

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We had the same problem on our 29RS last year which is the same as your trailer. We were in a rain storm at the Norcal rally. One of the RV techs on site took a look and fixed the problem in about 30 seconds. If you lay on the bathroom floor and look under the bottom aft corner of the slide you will see a little plastic "tray". The purpose of the tray is to catch water that runs down the bulb seal (enters through the opening in the seal for the Scwhintech rack) and send it back outside. The tray attaches to the seal. The seal becomes twisted and causes the tray to tip towards the inside of the coach. The fix is to straighten out the seal and tip the tray back towards the outside. The cause is lack of maintenance in the way of no seal lubricant.
    Jim & Georgianne
    N. California
    2016 Reflection 29RS
    2008 Ford F-250 Super Duty PSD
    B&W Companion hitch
    Rubber turtle with no name

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by J&G garage View Post
    We had the same problem on our 29RS last year which is the same as your trailer. We were in a rain storm at the Norcal rally. One of the RV techs on site took a look and fixed the problem in about 30 seconds. If you lay on the bathroom floor and look under the bottom aft corner of the slide you will see a little plastic "tray". The purpose of the tray is to catch water that runs down the bulb seal (enters through the opening in the seal for the Scwhintech rack) and send it back outside. The tray attaches to the seal. The seal becomes twisted and causes the tray to tip towards the inside of the coach. The fix is to straighten out the seal and tip the tray back towards the outside. The cause is lack of maintenance in the way of no seal lubricant.
    Are you able to see that tray with slide extended out? What kind of slide lube do you use? I have been putting 303 on them.

Thanks
    Steve
    Steve & Bunny
    Michigan
    2015 Grand Design Reflection 27RL
    2015 Chevrolet Silverado 2500 HD 6.0

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Jim--great feedback ! We too have had water on bathroom floor between shower and bedroom carpet after heavy rains/winds....only twice I think. Now you have given me a concrete area/item to check on once we get our 303 out of storage. I know over the years we have had this issue come up with floor plans having the bedroom wardrobe slide (maybe others too) with various items/areas to check.......this may the smoking gun !

Thanks, Jim !

Dan
    Dan & Carol
    2014 303RLS Reflection #185 (10/2013 build)
    2012 Silverado LTZ Crew Duramax 2500HD
    2700/16K Pullrite Superglide

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by smkunder View Post
    Are you able to see that tray with slide extended out? What kind of slide lube do you use? I have been putting 303 on them.

Thanks
    Steve
    The slide has to be in to get in there. Slide lube: http://www.campingworld.com/browse/s...FQ90fgodOjkACw

This stuff is great. Extend the slides. Squirt this stuff on all the slide seals from the outside (takes about 2 minutes). The move the slides in and out a few times to spread the lube on the seals and sides of the slide-out and your done. It comes out of the can as a foam and dries after a few minutes and leaves a dry slippery surface on the sides of the slide and the seals. I've tried a few other kinds of seal conditioners and they seem to leave the seals sticky which can really mess with the operation of the Schwintech slides.
    Jim & Georgianne
    N. California
    2016 Reflection 29RS
    B&W Companion hitch

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Toes in the water View Post
    Jim--great feedback ! We too have had water on bathroom floor between shower and bedroom carpet after heavy rains/winds....only twice I think. Now you have given me a concrete area/item to check on once we get our 303 out of storage. I know over the years we have had this issue come up with floor plans having the bedroom wardrobe slide (maybe others too) with various items/areas to check.......this may the smoking gun !

Thanks, Jim !

Dan
    Your welcome Dan. I was shocked to see this setup but apparently it works as long as the little tray is tipped the right way.
    Jim & Georgianne
    N. California
    2016 Reflection 29RS
    B&W Companion hitch

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have the same problem. When I lay on the floor with the slide out all the way in I cannot find the tray. Can anyone post a photo so I know what I am looking for and the location of the tray. Thanks

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'll have to check our's as well. Thanks for the info.!

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sclarson View Post
    I have the same problem. When I lay on the floor with the slide out all the way in I cannot find the tray. Can anyone post a photo so I know what I am looking for and the location of the tray. Thanks
    Try these. Sorry they're sideways.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_4241.jpg 
Views:	66 
Size:	100.0 KB 
ID:	7937

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_4240.jpg 
Views:	64 
Size:	96.2 KB 
ID:	7938
    Jim & Georgianne