User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Question I'm confused - one-touch auto leveling on 315 rtls?

Having the new 315 delivered to the campground today ( we are seasonal campers). DH is on a golf trip out of state. I've been reading thru the books that came with the 315. The Top 10 Features indicate we have One-Touch Auto Leveling. I don't remember ( may have zoned out) seeing anything about that on the walk thru. Is this REALLY a ONE TOUCH system? Will I be able to level the trailer all on my own today after its set on the site? I'm so upset with myself for not knowing this LOL. I am not normally a "helpless" person. Of course when the question came into my mind the dealership was closed so I couldn't call. Is this a Lippert Leveling System? Guess I'm having anxiety. Hope I posted in the correct place, the 315 is the travel trailer.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes. On the lippert ground control system, there is a one touch auto level. Once the wheels are chocked, front landing gear down, and disconnected from the truck, all you have to do is push the button and stand back in amazement. One note. The front end must be nose high. Once you push the button, the nose will drop and start leveling.

EDIT: I am so sorry. Did not realize the 315RTLS was a travel trailer. I have never seen an auto leveler on a travel trailer.
    Last edited by Lawdogs; 04-05-2017 at 06:51 AM. Reason: spelling error
    2017 Solitude 375 RES
    2015 Ram Big Horn 3500 DWR
    Previous: 2015 Montana 3721RL, 2014 Cougar 327RES, 2014 Outback 298RE, 2012 Wildwood 24RB, and 2002 Coleman Popup

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sorry for being such a newbie, but " nose high " ? I understand "chocked" I HATE being one of those women who needs to " wait for my husband to do it" !! But this time I might be LOL, 1st time in 69 years I've not felt confident!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sorry, I edited my above post. Did not realize you had a travel trailer. I was giving you information for a fifth wheel. I do not believe you have any type of one touch auto leveling. It looks like you have powered rear jacks though. Believe the mention of one touch might refer to your one touch awning. Sorry for the confusion.
    2017 Solitude 375 RES
    2015 Ram Big Horn 3500 DWR
    Previous: 2015 Montana 3721RL, 2014 Cougar 327RES, 2014 Outback 298RE, 2012 Wildwood 24RB, and 2002 Coleman Popup

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    would be pretty hard to have a auto level on a travel trailer .... Im guessing you have a power front jack and front and rear stabilizer jacks witch are not for leveling.
    2016 solitude 379fl
    Minnesota,North metro
    summers @ flying goose
    fairmont,Mn seasonal

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you both for posting. I was going by what I saw on the "hang tag", but I would have thought I would have noticed if anyone mentioned Automatic Leveling during our talks. That would have perked my ears up! ONE-TOUCH Auto Leveling leveling by pressing of a button (FW). Ask about the new "Home" feature You are probably correct, its referring to the power front jack. We did have that on the trailer we traded. Thanks again.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    FWIW, Lippert does have a "Level up" for travel trailers, but I'm pretty sure it hasn't made it to the GD line yet.
    Jim (& Sharon)
    2015 GD Momentum 385TH - SOLD
    For Sale - 2015 Ford F-350 DRW 4x4 Lariat w/ AirLift bags, Titan 65 gal. OEM replacement fuel tank.
    The toy:
    2017 RZR XP 1000 EPS SE

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cmessmore View Post
    Thank you both for posting. I was going by what I saw on the "hang tag", but I would have thought I would have noticed if anyone mentioned Automatic Leveling during our talks. That would have perked my ears up! ONE-TOUCH Auto Leveling leveling by pressing of a button (FW). Ask about the new "Home" feature You are probably correct, its referring to the power front jack. We did have that on the trailer we traded. Thanks again.
    The (FW) means Fifth Wheel. You have an elec tongue jack and elec stabilizer jacks. You will still need to level it side to side manually.

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by goducks14 View Post
    The (FW) means Fifth Wheel. You have an elec tongue jack and elec stabilizer jacks. You will still need to level it side to side manually.
    Thank you!! I was trying to figure out the (FW) LOL. Trying to make it Front-Something ... never crossed my mind it meant Fifth Wheel.