User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tnichols76

Kitchen light bulb replacement

Hey guys. I have a solitude 369rl. In the kitchen I have two lights that hang down over the kitchen sink. One of the lights blew out and I can't figure out how to remove the light. It doesn't seem to unscrew. Any ideas?

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Kitchen light bulb replacement

If you look inside the glass globe, is there a label identifying the bulb number?

In our Reflection, both of those lights burnt out already. Mine are a type 1076 12V bulb which you have to push in and turn counter-clockwise 1/8 turn to remove. The problem I had was that the bulb socket would un-thread from the fixture's spindle. I ended up taking the entire box down and modify the wiring such that I had enough slack in the wiring to disconnect the fixture from the box, un-thread the socket and pull it down out of the globe to be able to remove the bulb. I put dielectric grease on the new bulb and it can be removed now without the socket coming loose.

Dave
    Dave and Monica - Gore Bay, Ontario
    Vitus the Hungarian Vizsla
    2014 Reflection 337 RLS #129
    2008 F250 V10 CC Lariat RWD

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have a Solitude 369RL and it comes out the same way as the Reflection. Mine both went out also, and I now replaced them with an LED bulb hoping they will last a while. You have to push up and then turn them and they come right out. I am hoping the LED bulbs will last a long time as they are a pain to change.

Debby - Stafford, Virginia
    2017 Grand Design Solitude ST374TH
    2012 GMC Denali 3500HD DRW

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thank you for the information on removing the lights. We have had our Solitude for only 10 days and already the kitchen 12 V bulb above the sink blew out, one of the ceiling LED lights blew, and the reading light over the bed blew the first time we turned it on. This wouldn't be such a big deal, but they are difficult to remove and to find replacements. My husband did try to push the bulb in and turn but so far has not been able to remove the 12 V light over the sink.

A. Nelson

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Welcome to the forum alnelson!

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Can someone tell us the number for the LED replacement for the 1076 12V 7F light that hangs over the island, and where to get them. We checked with a RV supply but they want $24 per bulb.

We have looked at Amazon and they have several that look right, but we don't want to order the wrong one. I see several that look like they would work but they indicate that they are car LED lights. Are they the same thing?

Thank you to anyone who can steer me in the right direction.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I forgot the number and they are in my RV which is not here, but Batteries Plus carries them. I had them order them for me. They cross referenced the number. They were $40 for both of them. I had to replace the originals twice so I decided to go with LED. I live in Virginia but I think Batteries plus is all over.

Debby - Stafford, Virginia
    2017 Grand Design Solitude ST374TH
    2012 GMC Denali 3500HD DRW

Egork71

I had the light bulb burn out in the kitchen and replaced it with a led bulb I bought on Amazon from eversale.com. It is an LED 2w white omni Bulb BA15d 1142 1076 Brake Trail. It was $4.99 per bulb. The light is natural and not that blue color you get from most led types. The light color was very similar to the bulb but not as bright which was ok by me. They also got very hot so I replaced the bulb next to the theatre seat as well. As far as the bulbs above the couch which also get very hot you can get replacements from smart camping world. They are the Green Longlife 1010505 - 1139/1156 base. They are 106 lumens as Natural White which does seem to have a blue hue which is better for reading but not the same color as the lights I mentioned above. These were $9.95. I spent a lot of time researching these lights and finding the best pricing so I hope this helps save you time and energy if you are looking to replace the only non led bulbs in your GD Solitude. We have had ours for about a year now and couldn't be more happy with it.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Welcome to the forum Egork71 and thanks for the information.

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thank you Egork71.

I just ordered 5 of each so I would have them when my blow.

Robert

2014 Reflection 337n (238)
    F250 diesel, crew cab 4X4, aux. fuel tank
    Robert & Sheila, Amarillo, TX
    2013 F250 short bed crew cab, diesel, 4X4, Firestone air bags
    2014 Reflection 337, Michelin XPS Ribs, Anderson Ultimate Fifth wheel hitch

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast