Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Site restrictions

I have been looking to purchase a new toy hauler for some time now and have expended a great deal of time towards that effort. A large portion of the time has been spent online researching.
    In that research I have come across several comments in regards to censorship of site members postings to this site.
    I am curious as to the validity of those comments.
    What is the consensus of those current members using this site for pre purchase information?

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The only censorship I have seen is either hacking threads, threads strickly prohibited, or "irate rants" that seem only to trash instead of accepting input from others. You will see lots of criticism on things here, just looks at the 70-80 pages on the greasing issue....
    2017 F350 Bronze Fire XLT short bed SuperCab, SRW power stroke Diesel, 3.31 rear end, 18" AT tires
    Demco hijacker autoslide hitch
    2018 303RLS VIN#: 573FR3329J3313328. Built 4/2017. Dual AC's, freestanding table/chairs
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Rolling Along
    Now-Oct 2018: Prince William Forest Park, NPS, Triangle VA
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Really? I've seen nothing that would even hint of that.

Just because the discussions aren't vitriolic, doesn't mean we aren't critical.

Take a look, especially, at the many threads on greasy brakes, low-end electronics, etc.

I think this forum shows it's possible to be critical while still behaving like ladies and gentlemen.

Dave

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk
    2015 Reflection 337RLS, #931, Built 6/14, Purchased New 1/15
    2015 Silverado 3500HD LTZ SRW CC, 8' Bed, 4WD, Z71, Duramax/Allison
    11,600 GVW, 3,739 Payload, 16.1 mpg for first 21,000 miles
    Reese Elite 18K Hitch with underbed rails
    Amateur Radio KQ3T (ex-WN8PXF, WA8PXF, N3CKQ)
    Felines: Butter (Abyssinian), Cinnamon (Burmese, R.I.P.), and Harry (Orange Tiger Cat, Rescued from Sutton Lake CG, WV)
    2018: Visitor Center Volunteer at Prince William Forest Park, Triangle VA, June thru October
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The only rules enforcement I've seen has been when a guest (rarely) or member (more rare) crosses the line of rude or obscene. This forum allows a fair amount of latitude in every aspect.
    Steve & Sue (pups:Sky & Sierra) Gardnerville, Nv
    2017 Refelection 297RSTS
    2017 Ford 350 CC 4x4 Lariat Superduty 6.7, Long Bed

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    pfw--we have been actively learning and sharing on this site for over three years and have seen very few folks censored from this site........could count on only a few fingers as I recall. Unfortunately, as often seems to happen these days, those folks where little is offered in a positive, respectful, courteous, constructive, etc. manner can quickly become a cancer and spew garbage all over the highway.

Chris, the owner of this site, has built a wonderful, positive, helpful, respectful, courteous, sharing, learning, and fun site where both positive and negative factual issues are welcome as long as bashing of GDRV, the product, other members/stakeholders, etc. is not done…….makes sense does it not ?

Chris has also shared in posts/other areas of the site that one of the key objectives of this site (by doing as stated in the preceding sentence) all stakeholders can work to improve the RV product, the RV industry, and ultimately the RV experience………outstanding big picture thinking !

There are many great folks here ready to share and help......hope your search and learning process goes well…….let us know how we can help.

Dan
    Dan & Carol
    2014 303RLS Reflection #185 (10/2013 build)
    2012 Silverado LTZ Crew Duramax 2500HD
    2700/16K Pullrite Superglide

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I probably belong to 40 or 50 forums and this one is by far the most civil. No comparison. I've only run into one forum member who stirs things up out of hundreds I've interacted with. On many other forums, every other post is offensive, controversial or argumentative. IMO, this is a fantastic forum with a TON of very helpful people. I'm amazed at how many members go out of their way to help people resolve problems, post helpful tutorials, etc. Great site!
    Brian & Kellie
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, FBP, 1,460w solar, 540ah BBGC3, MORryde IS w/disc brakes
    2020 F-350 Platinum SRW Powerstroke Tremor, 60g TF fuel tank, Hensley BD3-F air bag hitch

Previous setups:
    2019 Solitude 373FB-R, 2019 F-350 Platinum DRW Powerstroke, Hensley BD5 air bag hitch
    2016 Reflection 318RST, 2016 GMC 3500 Denali SRW Duramax, Hensley BD3 air bag hitch

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pwf000 View Post
    I have been looking to purchase a new toy hauler for some time now and have expended a great deal of time towards that effort. A large portion of the time has been spent online researching.
    In that research I have come across several comments in regards to censorship of site members postings to this site.
    I am curious as to the validity of those comments.
    What is the consensus of those current members using this site for pre purchase information?

Interesting first posting from a new member. Welcome to the friendly Grand Design Owners forum

What questions do you have? Ask away and you will get knowledgeable answers.

As a moderator of a few other Forums (not this one) I will say that the membership largely is very professional and polite. Rudeness and personal attacks should not be tolerated and moderators sometimes have to step in and remind people to be nice. Being a Moderator is a thankless job.
    Jerry & Linda
    Emma & Abby our Mini Golden Doodles & JR our Amazon Parrot
    2017 Reflection 337RLS, Build Date 01/2017, Titan Disk Brakes, Goodyear G614s 235/85/16 G Rated tires
    2022 F-450 King Ranch Ultimate, 4,868 lb Payload, Bedrug Bedliner, Andersen Ultimate II Aluminum 5th wheel hitch
    http://visitedstatesmap.com/image/FLGANCSCsm.jpg

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is a great site to gather info (positive or negative) from current owners. 99.9% of the info is very helpful to owners new and old. I don't know of any censorship unless they were obnoxious. Grand Design monitors one section here and has no say in this site as it is an owners forum. Good luck in your research.

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you all for responding.
    My primary concern was being able to have confidence in both the good and bad expects of buying a GD product being posted and discussed in an honest and factual manner on the site.
    As I stated I have been searching for a toy hauler for a lengthy period, well over a year.
    I've looked at most everything available and have come to the conclusion that unless I wish to spend $150.000.00+
    coupled with investing in a semi tractor for hauling I am forced to make some compromises on the guality of the products available.
    I am retired and intend on using the trailer for extended living being able to bring one or two Harley's along with us.
    Grand Design appears to fit the bill as close as I can expect.
    I will just have to go on faith that I purchase a unit that was constructed on a good day at the plant.

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We were in the exact same place you are a year ago. When we discovered this site it provided a great resource to set expectations and know the good/bad/ugly before buying. We researched for 2 years and kept coming back to GD. 2 things that stood out for us was the direct interaction we had with the GD factory rep and the many stories of customer satisfaction after the sale. We are still newbies with only 6 months on the 397TH so time will tell if we made the right decision, but so far we are very happy.

2017 397TH
    2016 Chevy 3500 Duramax DRW
    2015 Harley Ultra Limited
    2016 Harley Deluxe

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast