Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Acquiring trim and interior material

I want to add some shelves in our unit, but want them to match. Has anyone ever asked GD for material to do interior mods and did they provide the material?

Mentioned
    136 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was thinking of something similar with cabinets. If you goto the GD web page under owners support you can eventually find all the different interior parts they use including, pre-"stained" trim, "stain" looking tape, wall paneling etc. I did call them and ask if I could order some of it, but they said I could only order it through a dealer. I suppose, if you found the items you wanted from the web page, and then bring that list to your dealer. I can't stand the GD dealer that is close to me, so I avoid going there unless necessary; this is why I haven't ordered anything yet. (I didn't even purchase my unit from that dealer, I went out of state)
    2023 Momentum 398M-R
    2023 Ford F-450

SOLD - 2021 Reflection 311BHS
    SOLD - 2017 Momentum 399TH

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I ordered a door jam before they decided not to sell direct to customers. Nice to get an exact match with the existing interior. I believe now you order from a dealer and the items are drop shipped directly to you. So in theory you could call any dealer and give them the part numbers you want and get the parts to your door.
    Jim & Georgianne
    N. California
    2016 Reflection 29RS
    2008 Ford F-250 Super Duty PSD
    B&W Companion hitch
    Rubber turtle with no name

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just posted the same question before finding this thread. Great info!

Edit: Well, almost great info. I cannot locate anything related to parts under the GD website/Owner Support. Guess I'll have to stop in at a dealer.

Final Edit: Had to issue a correction. Just realized that I was looking at the bottom of the website under all the owner support options, but those do not have the parts section. That appears to only be available from the Owner Support menu at the top of the web page. Want to point that out in case someone in the future is looking for the same info...
    Last edited by Riverbug; 07-27-2021 at 04:16 PM.
    Chad
    2023 23LDE 965W Solar, Victron Multiplus, Solar Controllers, Cerbo GX, 4x280AH DIY Lithium Batteries, SeeLevel Tank Monitoring, Shock Absorbers (Replaced 2022 22MLE)
    2022 F350 6.7L Superduty, Carbonized Gray, Ultimate Lariat Pkg, 4WD, Crew Cab, 160" Wheelbase, 3.55EL Rear End, 3566# Payload
    Adaptive Steering, Ultimate Camera Pkg, 20" Wheels, 397 Amp Dual Alternator, ARE Topper (Replaced 2004 F150)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    In a prior trailer, I built a replacement panel when I replaced the POS "entertainment center" with a car sized radio. I went to a Sherwin Williams store and they matched the stain color splendidly! YMMV & regards.
    Ken & Margie
    2020 GD 337
    2018 Ram 3500 DRW 4X4
    B&W Companion

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think GD now lets you order parts directly without having to go through a dealer. I thought I read that on this forum someplace....
    Larry KE4DMG
    2022 F-350 KRU SRW LB - Airlift 5000+, ForScan, 37 RDS Aux Tank,
    2019 310GK-R - Sailuns; MorRyde IS; Disc Brakes; 20K Reese Goosebox
    Search kalakamods for my mods