Thread: Wheel Chocks

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Wheel Chocks

[quote author=Glazier link=topic=195.msg1123#msg1123 date=1387053955]
    You don't need Chocks with 6 point level up, you probably are using a wedge type of plastic chock for hookup aren't you?
    [/quote]

No. When hooking up according to the instructions on the leveling system it keeps all six down until locked on the truck. When hooking up one time a neighbor came over and asked why the rear jacks were down as I backed in. All I could say is this is the way we were shown and are following the instructions on the controller.

This is our 10th rv, but are first 5th wheel, so I'm no expert on pulling a trailer by any means.
    Location - Wherever the road takes us...Full-timers
    2015 Momentum 380
    2019 Ram Dually

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

[quote author=el Rojo link=topic=195.msg1129#msg1129 date=1387060772]
    No. When hooking up according to the instructions on the leveling system it keeps all six down until locked on the truck. When hooking up one time a neighbor came over and asked why the rear jacks were down as I backed in. All I could say is this is the way we were shown and are following the instructions on the controller.
    [/quote]

The only reason to chock before hooking up is to prevent movement of the camper before the king pin is latched. Can the 6 pt leveling system can prevent movement on a unlevel site when hooking up?

A question for those with the 6 pt system...is the camper solid when set up? I see that some manufacturers still offer stabilizers such as Strong Arms, etc., in addition to the 'Level up'.

Dave
    Dave and Monica - Gore Bay, Ontario
    Vitus the Hungarian Vizsla
    2014 Reflection 337 RLS #129
    2008 F250 V10 CC Lariat RWD

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ours seems stable. Haven't been in a real unlevel spot yet. Thanks for the heads up though.
    Location - Wherever the road takes us...Full-timers
    2015 Momentum 380
    2019 Ram Dually

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

[quote author=Tigerbug link=topic=195.msg1107#msg1107 date=1387029699]
    We really like the Solitude but don't like the rear entertainment and wish it was on the kitchen side. A Reflection 337 would fit that need but it does not come with the 6pt auto level which is a top priority for us.
    [/quote]

Tiger, we bought the 305RE. It's not really the floor plan I wanted at first. After searching for nearly a year for our RV, I discovered that no RV could meet my must have list totally. I wanted 1) rear living, with the sofa in the rear, 2) a 4-door fridge, 3) residential style shower with storage in the bath, 4) lots of kitchen storage, 5) a bed slide in the bedroom with closet in the front cap, 6) non-white exterior, and 7) it had to be no more than 36 feet. My hubby was happy with whatever I chose, as long as it had 6 pt auto-leveling and hydraulic jacks (his only non-negotiables).

We looked and looked. If I wanted the rear living and a full kitchen like I have in the 305RE, I had to go bigger than 36 ft. So, rear living was out. Heartland's Bighorn 3260 was close to what I wanted (36 1/2 feet), but the bathroom didn't have the storage and would have cost a fortune to get it in an exterior color than white. Another close contender and one I really loved was Columbus 320RS (but no hydraulic jacks...hubby didn't want to have to get down and remove the pins).

We at first fell in love with the Solitude 368RD..but at 40ft we are limited to a lot of campgrounds we usually camp in (many have a limit on length). So we decided we could live with the RE, especially with the type of rear entertainment that the Solitude offered. You still get the rear window and the view is great. The TV is hiddened by lowering into the cabinet. And the best... I have the kitchen that I had to have with the Solitude. It was the one must have I wouldn't compromise on... I absolutely love my 4 door refrigerator and huge pantry!
    Renee & Bill -- Central Louisiana
    2014 Solitude 305RE #404
    2007 F250

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12