Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Wheel Chocks

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wheel Chocks

What are you using for Chocks? I switched over to Roto Chocks a couple of years ago, I can't say enough good things about them. The best thing about the Roto Chock vs the X Chock type is, hooking up a fifth wheel. You can leave the Roto Chock in place during hookup with no problem, or worries of them damaging a tire, or themselves.
    Steve and Schlonda- Virgie, Kentucky
    2017 Momentum 328M
    Morryde 8K Independent Suspension, Disk Brakes
    2021 GMC Denali 3500 SRW
    Airlift Wireless Air
    B&W Companion Slider

Tigerbug

Re: Wheel Chocks

Haven't purchased a trailer yet but have it down to a Solitude 305 and a CC Silverback. Both have their pros and cons for our needs.

Curious, are you using the Roto Chocks on both sides of your trailer?

What size are you using and would they be the same for a Solitude?

Are you locking them after install?

Lastly, where did you purchase?

I have researched the whole gamet of chocks and these really seem to be a great design.

thanks in advance for your reply. My wife and I were back at both dealers yesterday getting prices and starting the whole negotiation phase of purchase. We really like the Solitude but don't like the rear entertainment and wish it was on the kithen side. A Reflection 337 would fit that need but it does not come with the 6pt auto level which is a top priority for us.

Regards, Tigerbug

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

[quote author=Tigerbug link=topic=195.msg1107#msg1107 date=1387029699]
    We really like the Solitude but don't like the rear entertainment and wish it was on the kithen side. A Reflection 337 would fit that need but it does not come with the 6pt auto level which is a top priority for us.

Regards, Tigerbug
    [/quote]

Why not the Solitude 369RL as it's the same basic floor plan as the Reflection 337RLS. The 369RL is longer, a little heavier but the same pin weight as a 305RE.

Dave
    Dave and Monica - Gore Bay, Ontario
    Vitus the Hungarian Vizsla
    2014 Reflection 337 RLS #129
    2008 F250 V10 CC Lariat RWD

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Buy directly from Roto Chock
    Sizing is based on space between tires, Roto Chock has a form to fill out online
    I don't know if their the same as a Solitude
    I don't lock mine, but it's easy to do with a padlock
    I use one on each side
    2017 Momentum 328M
    2021 GMC Denali 3500 SRW
    Airlift Wireless Air
    B&W Companion Slider

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We have a 369RL and don't use chocks. Are we missing something?
    Location - Wherever the road takes us...Full-timers
    2015 Momentum 380
    2019 Ram Dually

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You don't need Chocks with 6 point level up, you probably are using a wedge type of plastic chock for hookup aren't you?
    2017 Momentum 328M
    2021 GMC Denali 3500 SRW
    Airlift Wireless Air
    B&W Companion Slider

Tigerbug

Happy Camper wrote:
    Why not the Solitude 369RL as it's the same basic floor plan as the Reflection 337RLS. The 369RL is longer, a little heavier but the same pin weight as a 305RE.

We are trying to keep the length as short as we can and still get what we want inside. We started out with a max of 34" but now have moved up from that but feel the length of the 305RE is as long as we want to go.

Someone also mentioned no need for chocks with the 6pt level system, is that really correct. I assumed you needed to chock then use the level up.

Tigerbug

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

[quote author=Tigerbug link=topic=195.msg1125#msg1125 date=1387055593]
    Happy Camper wrote:

We are trying to keep the length as short as we can and still get what we want inside. We started out with a max of 34" but now have moved up from that but feel the length of the 305RE is as long as we want to go.

Someone also mentioned no need for chocks with the 6pt level system, is that really correct. I assumed you needed to chock then use the level up.
    Tigerbug
    [/quote]

I didn't say no need for Chocks, I said with 6 point you can use just a regular wedge type of chock to hook and unhook. All fifth wheels need to be chocked pyro to hook and unhook. No need for between the wheel Chocks with level up, it could literally lift the tires off the ground during leveling. The 6 point system will take the rocking movement out out the trailer. If level up was offered in the Reflection line, I would have been all over it too, very nice system.
    2017 Momentum 328M
    2021 GMC Denali 3500 SRW
    Airlift Wireless Air
    B&W Companion Slider

Tigerbug

Glazier
    Thanks for clarifying. Actually my wife and I were ready to go with the Reflection 337 RLS but one of our top desired features is the 6pt system. We did not want to sacrifice that so sadly the Reflection had to come off of our list. We have narrowed it down to a Cedar Creek Silverback 33RL and the Solitude 305RE. Both nice trailers. We feel the Solitude has a bit nicer interior, fit finish, and space just seems a bit better, not by a wide margin but still nicer. I like the weight of the Silverback being lighter even though we plan to purchase an F350 Diesel, Crew Cab, mid size box, SRW, 4x4 which from all accounts should pull the Solitude just fine. We would be at the higher range for truck with the Solitude though.

Can't believe how hard this decision has been to pick the trailer and the truck to meet all of our needs. Over the 30 years I have worked we have moved 10 times to 10 states, and bought 9 houses during that run. Don't think any of them have been this difficult, but then we never had to worry about the weight of the house matching our truck!

Thanks again for the clarification.

Tigerbug

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Tigerbug, I actually considered both the units you are considering before the Reflection 337 was released. The Silverback is a nice floorplan, as well as the Solitude. I am happy with what I just bought though. I have no doubts the Grand Design is a plusher unit than the Forrest River, no brainier for me after a couple walk through's. The sofa bed in the Silverback is an air mattress.
    2017 Momentum 328M
    2021 GMC Denali 3500 SRW
    Airlift Wireless Air
    B&W Companion Slider

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast