Thread: Brakes

Site Team
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)

Re: Brakes

I started digging and researching the brake adjustments. Here is the document for adjusting the brakes on the lippert axles: http://lippertcomponents.com/images/...sheet/0133.pdf. The recommended interval is 3K miles. 12K miles to lube the axles. That is here: http://lippertcomponents.com/images/...sheet/0132.pdf.
    Thanks
    Ct..
    Chris Tretta
    Albuquerque, NM

2013 Ram 3500 Megacab 4x4 6.7L Cummins
    2019 Grand Design 385GK
    2014 Grand Design 369RL - Sold
    Class A CDL, Doubles/Triples, Hazmat and Tanker endorsements

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I had to replace all four of my brakes and hubs said it was my brake release that controls the brakes when the trailer breaks lose or the trailer gain set to high, will I now have new brakes and hubs and guess what it was a short in the trailer wires going to the truck, I told my wife I broke our rule never buy any new product wait a year for them to get the bugs out, had a Carriage Cameo pulled it 30,000 plus miles with out brake problems. I still love my GD but if one more thing goes that cost over a 1000.00 and am total Lippert will not cover it the GD is gone. On a litter note GD has went the extra mile on other things that have gone wrong. I replaced with Dexter hubs and adjustable brakes made in the USA. :'(
    2014 Solitude 369RL# 334
    2008 Chevy Dually 3500
    Love my 5th Wheel

cuttinchief

Sorry to see this post! Picking my solitude up tomorrow. Did you ever get any help with this and did repair insurance help cover this?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12