User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Tri Pod- UltraFab Heavy Duty Steel

I looked in the archives and found a thread on tripods. Rob of Rob and Cate seemed to have the most knowledge. I purchased the above tripod and tried it out today at the storage facility. We wanted to use it this next weekend but I was unable to get it adjusted right. We auto level at the storage facility in case we want to enter for clean up & such during storage. Rob said he lifts the front of 5er to transfer weight to the rear and tests by wiggling the front of unit after setting up the tripod. If wobble is gone it's set right. Question is how does this effect the auto Level? Also mine came with all the nuts loose. How tight do you want them? I also think I'll need the leg extensions since we had the tripod pretty high to reach the kingpin. What do you think Rob. By the way, are you back in Canada yet?
    Rick
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Rick and Annie
    2017 Reflection 303RLS
    2016 RAM 3500 Laramie DRW
    6.7 Cummins Turbo Diesel
    B&W Companion Hitch

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi Rick,

I don't have auto level, so I'm not sure how my process would work with this system.
    I start by getting my trailer level . . . so this should be the same with auto level.
    Then I lift the pin about 1/4". You would likely have to put your system in manual to do this.
    I place the tripod snug to the pin.
    Then I lower the pin firmly on to the tripod (which will be about 1/4")
    This is where you can feel by wiggling the trailer if the load is spread equally between the landing gear and the tripod.
    After this, I lower the rear stabilizers . . . do you still have these?

I seem to recall all the nuts being loose on mine when I got it. I tightened these, but just to the point where the pivots would still move easily. The center chain is used to lift the lower braces which brings the legs in and makes the tripod taller. You should not need extension pieces for a 303 . . . we never have.

Yes, we are back in Canada . . . time for summer to start .

Rob
    Cate & Rob
    2015 Reflection 303RLS

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks Rob,
    By the way, we did finally meet up with Scott and Jan. Camped with them recently and have a couple more trips set up with them. They have a fairly large camping group, but they are all very nice people. Hope you have a nice summer in Canada. Maybe we can meet up when you come back.
    Rick
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Rick and Annie
    2017 Reflection 303RLS
    2016 RAM 3500 Laramie DRW
    6.7 Cummins Turbo Diesel
    B&W Companion Hitch