We traded in our 90 day old Crusader on a 2014 Reflection. Took delivery about two weeks back. After spending 10 days in it we headed for home, MinneSNOWta, towing from Laughlin, Nevada.
Unfortunately I got caught in a major storm over the weekend and drove 7 hours covering 100 miles and nearly lost our life in that storm. To make a LONG story short I had NO choice but to cross a long bridge under construction, single lane and the conditions were horrible. I'm on the bridge towing our 33 foot Reflection and see a semi coming head on and 2 more following him. Making a split second decision, jump out...or back up and save my husband or die trying. Slowly I inched back...the lane was walled in by cement blocks that separated us and the river. That Reflection cooperated perfectly under dire winter conditions...wind, sleet and now with POOR visibility. No sooner than I got off that bridge and the first semi driver passed me on the right, while making the sign of the cross and the other 2 drivers took the left side and almost tipped their rigs trying to miss us. I felt the pressure of those rigs against my chest. I think they missed us with maybe 10 inches to spare between them and us. A combination of fast thinking, not bailing out....and frantic thoughts for God to show mercy...we survived. Our 2005 Chevy Silverado, 8.1 liter K-2500 HD towed the Reflection through the worst driving conditions imaginable. I couldn't turn around and I couldn't stop....7 hours to travel 100 miles. Cars and trucks in the ditches all around us. I couldn't even stop to help them. Anyway...never again will I call ahead and ask weather conditions at a motel! I was told it was safe and 20 minutes into our travels that day I was told the storm was going to miss that area. (My IPAD weather channel wasn't working) I don't recommend towing anything under those conditions OR venturing out at all. But we made it out alive. The Reflection didn't budge in that wind, held steady and cooperated with our truck. Thank you Grand Design....thank you my Creator for another chance at life. by the way...I do all the driving as my husband is somewhat disabled. I'm 60 and he's 71.