User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Refrigerator runs on LP when plugged into shore power.

Help. We our on our trip and found that tonight after we hooked up at the camp ground that the refrigerator in our 29RS is running on LP even though we are plugged into shore power. I checked the power outside and everything seems ok. I shut the power off and then on and the green light on the frig comes on for maybe 15 seconds and then goes to amber.
    I checked the 12v fuse and it is ok but I replaced it anyway. When I did that the frig went off while I had the fuse out, back on when I put it back in, green light for a short time and then back to amber. I turned off the 120 circuit breaker and back on. That did not affect the frig at all. The amber light stayed on the whole time.

I am not an electrical guru. At this point I don't know what to do. Any help will be appreciated.

Jim

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Jim and Kathy Van Ostran
    2016 Reflection 29RS
    2019 Ford F350 Diesel
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi Jim,

Open the lower outside access panel and make sure the fridge is plugged into the 120V outlet inside.
    If it is, plug something else into that outlet to make sure there is power there.
    This will tell you whether the problem is within the fridge or the power to it.

Rob
    Cate & Rob
    2015 Reflection 303RLS

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cate&Rob View Post
    Hi Jim,

Open the lower outside access panel and make sure the fridge is plugged into the 120V outlet inside.
    If it is, plug something else into that outlet to make sure there is power there.
    This will tell you whether the problem is within the fridge or the power to it.

Rob
    Rob
    I went out and plugged in a light and it worked just fine so that eliminates getting the power to the unit. So is that telling me that perhaps some module in the frig is not working.

JIm

Jim and Kathy Van Ostran
    2016 Reflection 29RS
    2019 Ford F350 Diesel
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Mentioned
    136 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Im not sure which model you have, so this may not bee applicable. Did you make sure it is in the correct mode (120v/LP/Auto). Sometimes its the simple questions that aren't asked, just throwing it out there.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
    2023 Momentum 398M-R
    2023 Ford F-450

SOLD - 2021 Reflection 311BHS
    SOLD - 2017 Momentum 399TH

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FT4NOW View Post
    Im not sure which model you have, so this may not bee applicable. Did you make sure it is in the correct mode (120v/LP/Auto). Sometimes its the simple questions that aren't asked, just throwing it out there.

We have an N811v. Everything is automatic. If the unit doesn't get AC then it automatically goes to LP. We can't control it.

Thanks for the help though.

Jim and Kathy Van Ostran
    2016 Reflection 29RS
    2019 Ford F350 Diesel
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim Van Ostran View Post
    Rob
    I went out and plugged in a light and it worked just fine so that eliminates getting the power to the unit. So is that telling me that perhaps some module in the frig is not working.

JIm

Unfortunately that is true. I don't know which brand of fridge you have, but there are likely internal fuses that you could check. Beyond that, it is most likely the electric heating element, but could be the control module. Should be a straight forward repair for an RV technician, now that you have confirmed that the problem is within the fridge.

Rob
    Cate & Rob
    2015 Reflection 303RLS

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cate&Rob View Post
    Unfortunately that is true. I don't know which brand of fridge you have, but there are likely internal fuses that you could check. Beyond that, it is most likely the electric heating element, but could be the control module. Should be a straight forward repair for an RV technician, now that you have confirmed that the problem is within the fridge.

Rob
    Thanks Rob. It is a Norcold N811v. I will check for any internal fuses in the morning. If I can't find anything I will contact a tech to see if I can get them to come out and fix it.

Thanks

Jim and Kathy Van Ostran
    2016 Reflection 29RS
    2019 Ford F350 Diesel
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Mentioned
    136 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I attempted to look at the Norcold website for you, however i didnt see your model listed. If you happen to have the manual with you it might have some info in there.

I did see some info from a google search on your model that mentioned some fuses in a black box behind the fridge. Another recommendation i saw was to reset the control board, just type your model and reset in a search engine and you'll find it. Some others said it happened to them and the control board required replacement. Best of luck, wish i could help more.

2023 Momentum 398M-R
    2023 Ford F-450

SOLD - 2021 Reflection 311BHS
    SOLD - 2017 Momentum 399TH

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FT4NOW View Post
    I attempted to look at the Norcold website for you, however i didnt see your model listed. If you happen to have the manual with you it might have some info in there.

I did see some info from a google search on your model that mentioned some fuses in a black box behind the fridge. Another recommendation i saw was to reset the control board, just type your model and reset in a search engine and you'll find it. Some others said it happened to them and the control board required replacement. Best of luck, wish i could help more.

I will look for some fuses in the morning. I have looked at the manual it is pretty useless. I will try to do more google searches to see if I can find any other help.

Thanks everyone.

Jim

Jim and Kathy Van Ostran
    2016 Reflection 29RS
    2019 Ford F350 Diesel
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The service manual is online:

http://tnt.rvia.org/unipop.cfm?v=3&oid=2912

And page 6 lists some of the fuses.

Since they refer to flashing red error codes and you don't seem to have any, this seems to me that the unit really doesn't see the A/C. That makes the one listed under the A/C section as the most likely candidate.

John
    John & Cheryl
    Sold: 2017 Tiffin Allegro 31SA Motorhome
    Sold: 2017 Reflection 337RLS, dual pane windows, 2nd A/C, Go Power! Solar Elite w/2000 watt inverter, Titan electric/hydraulic brakes, Goodyear Endurance ST235/85 R16 tires
    Sold: 2015 Chevy Silverado LTZ 3500HD, SRW, Duramax/Allison, 50 gallon Transfer Flow auxiliary tank
    States we have camped in with an RV:

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast