User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It wouldn't be the first camping weekend if something didn't go wrong!

The only difference is my dad is gone almost a full year so he's not here to help me.

We hooked up the electric (but I still didn't plug in the battery disconnect because I blew the fuses with the battery hooked up backwards last year), no problem! Connected the hose to the water outlet in camp, no problem! Pick up the last part of the hose, with the in-line filter and the filter head falls apart in my hands... Ugh... Take a 40 minute trip to Walmart, only to find they don't have the same filter in stock. It's the first weekend for a lot of people and they're sold out. I bought a cheap one to get us through the weekend, come back to camp and hook it up. Done!

Wait... What's that hissing? It's coming from under the trailer... Is it the hose? *shines flashlight* no, it's coming from... Uh-oh... The black/gray water outlet? What? No... That's not it either... Get down on hands and knees in the mud made when I was messing with the filter. Uh.... The low point drain is not supposed to be squirting water like that!

I cannot get the cold water low point drain to stop leaking. I am assuming that it's broken. I have got it to the point where it's barely leaking so we can at least shower and such tonight but I do have to fix it. How difficult is it to fix? Has anyone ever had this happen? Is there maybe a seal missing? The hot water valve does not close the whole way, you can still see a couple treads on it. The cold water one closes the whole way up against the nut part that's clamped into the line.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sounds like the rubber gasket seal is missing on the cold line/cap. You can verify by removing hot line cap and see it stuck at the end of the red pex plastic pipe. I do not have a picture of one to share......it is kinda cup shaped and cream colored at least on our 303.......they can easily fall out.

Yes, time to play in the mud again....part of camping !

Dan
    Dan & Carol
    2014 303RLS Reflection #185 (10/2013 build)
    2012 Silverado LTZ Crew Duramax 2500HD
    2700/16K Pullrite Superglide

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sounds like you had water freeze in the cold water drain. If you got it to a slow leak/drip I would enjoy the trip and replace it when I got home.

Red
    Location - Wherever the road takes us...Full-timers
    2015 Momentum 380
    2019 Ram Dually

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's possible that the two caps got switched and you have two seals in one and none in the other.

Rob
    Cate & Rob
    2015 Reflection 303RLS

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Would be great if Rob is on target but if a gasket seal is missing using something rubber based or even styrofoam from a cup or plate or meat container cut to fit in the bottom of the cap and screw it back on may likely stop most if not all the leak.

Dan
    Dan & Carol
    2014 303RLS Reflection #185 (10/2013 build)
    2012 Silverado LTZ Crew Duramax 2500HD
    2700/16K Pullrite Superglide

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Should be an easy fix by replacing the cap. Since the PEX pipe is easy to work with you may want to consider upgrading to a ball valve on the low point drains. As winterizing (or lack thereof) was mentioned above, it is important to open the valves when pumping AF through at winterization until you see pink. Good luck!
    The Adams - 2017 Reflection 367BHS, 2019 F-350 6.7L PSD 4x4 CC DRW, B&W hitch on Ford pucks, Air Lift Loadlifter 5000 Ultimate Plus air bags, "Rupert" the Weimaraner.

We Have a Great Site Team WhittleBurner's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That same thing happened to us, the seal got stuck in one cap as Rob described. Our first sign was the intermittent water pump running, looked everywhere for a leak but the low points of course. The stream running out was so fine it was hard to see. I thought our belly was full of water and dripping. You can use a garden hose seal, they fit and work well.
    Marcy & Gary
    2014 Grand Design - Reflection 303RLS
    2022 GMC 3500 Denali Duramax Longbed SRW
    2015 GMC Denali 3500 - Retired
    2003 F350 - retired
    Michigan
    We're in trouble now, the dog are bloggin'!
    https://3dogsandatrailer.wordpress.com/

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks everyone! I accidentally deleted this when tying to edit it do here goes again:

DH says he didn't take the caps off the whole way when winterizing last year, he just loosened them. I'm not sure how but the seal was missing. We put Teflon tape over the threads and screwed the cap back on and we have no leak now. After we're done this weekend we will get a new seal.

Normally I would ask my dad these questions, but he died last year so I'm grateful that I have you all to help!