User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

New member, not a Grand Design owner.....yet

Hello all, joined the forum to get some real world info on the Grand Design Reflection 5th wheel. We currently are in a 2016 Rockwood Signature 8312SS. Looking at moving over from Forest River product to a GD product, in particular a Reflection 311BHS. We have looked at one at our local dealer and really like the floor plan. The only thing I think I will miss from our current trailer is the frameless windows.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi Cats and welcome. Last year, we had a 2016 Rockwood Signature 5th wheel on our short list when we came across the Reflection line having never even heard of the brand before seeing it for the first time. We liked everything about the Reflection when we saw it, and bought one off the lot the very same day. We love our Reflection and have no regrets about our decision. We traded up from a small Jayco Travel trailer.

I liked the look of the frameless windows but my wife kept pointing out that they provide less ventilation than regular windows, so I was happy with the windows in the Reflection.

You'll find a lot of problems being discussed on these forums, but I think most owners are very happy with their GD campers. We had a few minor problems with our Reflection that I fixed myself and we just had the wheel bearings seals and brakes replaced under warranty due to the infamous Lippert bearing seal leaking issue that is discussed in numerous posts in the forum.

The two things that you get with a Grand Design unit is the after sales support from Grand Design which really seems to be industry leading, and this forum which is by far the best I've ever come across for in my many years of participation in numerous forums, including other camper brands, Motorcycles, Airplane ownership and flying and lots of hobbies I'm involved with. Grand Design and Lippert (which provides many of the components for all RVs) monitors and responds posts in this forum.

There has been a couple of threads recently about towing similar sized Reflections (13995 GVRW) and what works as tow vehicle you might want to look at. Here is one http://www.mygrandrv.com/for...vehicle-to-buy

Good luck!

John
    John, Heidi and our 2 Cocker Spaniels Venus & Big Papi
    2016 Relfection 30BH 5th wheel
    2016 F350 SRW CC SB 6.7 Diesel 4x4
    Pullrite Superglide with Superrails

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the reply and info. I did forget to mention we have a 2016 Ram 3500 SRW CC CTD.

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Welcome aboard Catsgot9! Glad to have you here.

Red
    Location - Wherever the road takes us...Full-timers
    2015 Momentum 380
    2019 Ram Dually