User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Talking GD Reflections: Black Water Valve Leaking, etc

This is my first post here. I own a 2015 GD Reflections 5th Wheel unit. After we took our first shakedown trip last year, I took it to the dealer, Mike Thompson, in Colton, California, to have several items fixed under warranty. Sadly, I got "sun-shined" on most of the repairs. I am posting on this forum in hopes that I can get some answers. I'm pretty sure the dealer would charge me now to make the repairs that should have been previously completed. I'm now out of warranty.
    1) First, every time I try to dump the black water, I relive the Robin Williams RV moment. The black water liquid leaks by the valve and accumulated against the cap. When I untwist it I get somewhat soaked. My son stands by and doubles up with laughter. Apparently. the dealer made little or no attempt to fix it. The valve handle inside the cabinet is attached to a threaded metal rod that appears to be adjustable and when I push the handle/rod in it is mushy....seems to not go all the way closed. The handles for the 2 gray water valves seat perfectly.

2) Several of the sliding windows are very "sticky" and hard to open

3) I am clueless about how the TV operations work for park cable/my portable satellite works In the "Command Center" inside the cabinet there are terminals for different inputs , but its not clear to me which is for what and which TV's can be be operated at the same time. Can never get the bedroom TV to operate and the living room TV is fuzzy.

Very frustrated......... The dealer is pretty much useless. I could sure use your help

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Robert, I'm sorry your dealer did this to you. Depending how long you are out of warranty, GD may still help you, but except for the valves, the other two problems are easily fixable or a learning issue I believe. Even the black tank valve may have an easy fix.

1. All my valve handles feel as you described as "mushy" also. First I would make sure I flush that black tank really well after every dump if you have a black tank flush. Second, always keep at least a couple gallons of water in your black tank so solids do not solidify in a dry tank. Most use chemicals in the black tank such as Thetford Aquachem or another brand. Some use what's called the Geo Method, which is water softener and dish soap or washing detergent. I think it's important to use something, but the water is the most important. When you use the black tank flush, if you have a clear 90 degree elbow, you can see when the water runs clear. Then you can close valve for a minute or two, let the black tank fill up some, and then dump again. Do not walk away though, as you could have an overflow into your bathroom. I do this a couple times, let the tank run until it stops, close the valve, then add three or four gallons of water with the tank additive. This keep solids and tp from clogging your valve opening and sticking to your tank sensors. Here is also a valve attachment that will solve your issue so you don't get dumped on. It just screws on the end of you waste valve, and you open it after the hose is attached, and then pull your black tank valve. No mess, no worry! You should also try to have the black tank filled at least 2/3 if possible before dumping somthe flush of the water cleans better.

2. You may try a silicone dry lube on your window tracks. The rv windows are often stiff and don't slide well.

3. If you plug the parks cable hookup into your connection marked cable, then that should at least work your living room tv. Be sure to turn off your over the air antenna booster if your using cable, as it will interfere and make the signal fuzzy at times. If you use the antenna, then have the booster on. Also make sure every cable connection is tightened. They often come loose from the factory.

P.s. If you can't see the Valterra Valve in th pic, it's because you have to sign up as a sponsor to see the pics.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_1956.jpg  
    Steve & Sue (pups:Sky & Sierra) Gardnerville, Nv
    2017 Refelection 297RSTS
    2017 Ford 350 CC 4x4 Lariat Superduty 6.7, Long Bed

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ditto what Steve said. On our 303RLS we connect the campground cable to the connector marked "cable" and get signal in the livingroon and bedroom (booster off). We connect our Dish Tailgater to the one marked "livingroom" which is where our receiver is installed, only get signal in the livingroom. Be sure to select the correct "input" on the television set depending on which source you are using. You also need to scan for channels.
    Marvin & Marion
    2016 Reflection 303RLS
    2008 Ram 2500HD

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Steve did an excellent job answering your questions. I'll echo getting the Valterra add on valve. It has worked great for 3 years for us and keeps that little extra from dripping when you pull the cap off to connect your hoses.

On the TV, only thing I'll add is to also make sure the TVs are plugged into the cable port which on all 4 of my locations is the top cable jack. You also have to reprogram each TV every time you change locations so they learn the local cable channels.

Alan
    Alan and Kathleen
    2015 Momentum 380TH (RVD2)
    2014 Ford F350 Dually (Stormtrooper)
    2012 Honda Goldwing Navi/ABS (Land Speeder)

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm glad you guys mentioned the channel scan. It took me months before I realized I had to do that. Since I had Sat tv I didn't look into it until I saw it somewhere, and then went duh...
    Steve & Sue (pups:Sky & Sierra) Gardnerville, Nv
    2017 Refelection 297RSTS
    2017 Ford 350 CC 4x4 Lariat Superduty 6.7, Long Bed