Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Grand design service department

Hi all, my solitude was delivered on February 3rd and the army sent me away for three months on the February the 5th. I got back yesterday and had to take my camper back to the service department for some miner issues to get fixed before the Tennessee rally. Well my leveling system would not power up at all. I called the dealership and they asked a few questions and finally told me I had to hire a mobile technician to come out and fix it so that I could lower it on my truck. After a few rounds with them I called grand design service department and talked to Scott. He asked a bunch of questions and then talked me through how to override the system and get it on my truck. Not only did he tell me how but insisted on staying on the phone till I got it done. After taking it to the dealership they were trying to figure out how to get it off so I did it the same way Scott had told me and did it for them. We chose grand design for the camper, we will stay with grand design for there support. Thank you grand design and especially Scott in customer support. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0997.JPG 
Views:	37 
Size:	2.4 KB 
ID:	8043

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That's awesome!
    Curtis, Christine, Cole, and Charlotte

2007 Chevrolet Silverado Duramax LBZ, CCLB
    2020 Momentum 351M

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DLivingston View Post
    Hi all, my solitude was delivered on February 3rd and the army sent me away for three months on the February the 5th. I got back yesterday and had to take my camper back to the service department for some miner issues to get fixed before the Tennessee rally. Well my leveling system would not power up at all. I cajlled the dealership and they asked a few questions and finally told me I had to hire a mobile technician to come out and fix it so that I could lower it on my truck. After a few rounds with them I called grand design service department and talked to Scott. He asked a bunch of questions and then talked me through how to override the system and get it on my truck. Not only did he tell me how but insisted on staying on the phone till I got it done. After taking it to the dealership they were trying to figure out how to get it off so I did it the same way Scott had told me and did it for them. We chose grand design for the camper, we will stay with grand design for there support. Thank you grand design and especially Scott in customer support. Click image for larger version. 

Welcome Home! Grand Design has always treated me well
    2018 Freedom Elite 24FE, 2 Yorkies, and my wife MARILYN, HAM call K0LCB. Traveling around this great country, making friends and seeing lot of beautiful and interesting places

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi all, my solitude was delivered on February 3rd and the army sent me away for three months on the February the 5th. I got back yesterday and had to take my camper back to the service department for some miner issues to get fixed before the Tennessee rally. Well my leveling system would not power up at all. I called the dealership and they asked a few questions and finally told me I had to hire a mobile technician to come out and fix it so that I could lower it on my truck. After a few rounds with them I called grand design service department and talked to Scott. He asked a bunch of questions and then talked me through how to override the system and get it on my truck. Not only did he tell me how but insisted on staying on the phone till I got it done. After taking it to the dealership they were trying to figure out how to get it off so I did it the same way Scott had told me and did it for them. We chose grand design for the camper, we will stay with grand design for there support. Thank you grand design and especially Scott in customer support. Click image for larger version. 

So glad you got it all worked out. GD service/support folks are awesome. And "thank you" .....for your service. [emoji631][emoji1303][emoji1306]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Bbirds14
    Atlanta, Georgia
    Zeus and Barnaby, Golden Retrievers
    F250 Lariat, SWB, 6.7L Diesel, 4x4 (Kodi)
    2014 Reflection 337RLS #494

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks all, it's great to be home. The wife kinda missed me but the dogs really missed me

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Also anyone going to the rally in Tennessee? We are making that our first trip.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There are a bunch of us going, and like you it will be my first as well. Hope to see you there.

Pete
    Pete & Carla Nelson
    2017 F-350, diesel, DRW, Lariat, 8' bed, Ford's TPMS, Furrion camera, Revolver X2 Tonneau Cover
    2017 Solitude 384GK, with dual pane windows, slide toppers, gen ready, heat pump.
    Added items: WiFiRanger EliteAC (external antenna), WiFiRanger GoAC (Router),
    Trailer Saver BD3 w/underbed adapter, Cheapheat system, Fantastic fan (bathroom), 50 Amp Hughes Auto Former w/surge protection, 5th wheel skirting.
    MoRryde independent suspension, 8k axle, disc breaks, Sailun S637 tires

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You might want to keep checking on the progress of the repairs. It doesn't sound like the dealer service department has all ducks in a row.
    Backpacker and tent camper all my life, including BSA as a kid and adult.
    Motorcycle trips across the USA with a tent - 1978 to Present.
    02-10-2005 - 2002 F350 SWD PSD and 2003 Citation 10'8S mostly for Crater Lake Ski Patrol.
    10-29-2015 - 2016 Grand Design 380TH. It's HUGE compared to a camper.
    10-19-2018 - traded truck for a 2016 Ram 3500 DRW Laramie CC 4 X 4 Long Box.
    03-16-2019 - Traded Momentum for a New 2018 374TH-R Solitude
    FULL TIME RV'er Nov 2021

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's funny you say that, I called tonight and it turns out that my front drivers side leg is bent. That caused it to shut down my system. Grand design is supposedly overnighting them a new one and should have my camper back early next week.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's funny you say that, I called tonight and it turns out that my front drivers side leg is bent. That caused it to shut down my system. Grand design is supposedly overnighting them a new one and should have my camper back early next week.
    Was your camper at the dealer recently? It's pretty difficult to bent a leg though normal setup but if you ever see how campers are moved around in a dealer's yard, you'd have a good idea how it might have happened.

Dave
    Dave and Monica - Gore Bay, Ontario
    Vitus the Hungarian Vizsla
    2014 Reflection 337 RLS #129
    2008 F250 V10 CC Lariat RWD

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast