Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

AC won't turn on

AC worked at dealer walk thru. I can't get it started and no owners manual was provided. The furnace works and I set thermostat to AC and a high temp. thermostat also didn't work in fan mode. Voltage was 118 volts and Circuit breaker is on. Is there another switch or something else I need to do? Thanks!

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Since GD probably won't be answering until tomorrow, I'll take a stab at it.

Hopefully you meant a LOW temp to get A/C to come on. Are you on a 30 or 50 amp service and where did you get the 118 volt reading?

Also, is all other AC powered equipment working ( fireplace, microwave, etc)
    Jim (& Sharon)
    2015 GD Momentum 385TH - SOLD
    For Sale - 2015 Ford F-350 DRW 4x4 Lariat w/ AirLift bags, Titan 65 gal. OEM replacement fuel tank.
    The toy:
    2017 RZR XP 1000 EPS SE

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lincoln View Post
    I set thermostat to AC and a high temp!
    If you provide trailer model and type of AC, specific help is more likely.
    As a first guess, try setting the thermostat to a LOW temp to get the AC to come on.

Rob
    Cate & Rob
    2015 Reflection 303RLS

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the quick feedback. It's a 2017 337RLS, but since there was no owners manual I don't know the brand or model number of the AC unit. The fireplace and microwave work fine. I had 30 amp service and was using a progressive industries surge/voltage protector to read the 118 volts at the camp site service box. I thought I tried a low temp to test the AC, but since I typed high temp, maybe I did. Seems sort of dumb, but since it's pretty cool in Michigan right now, maybe I didn't go to a low enough temperature to activate the AC. I'll be making another overnight test trip this Wednesday and will try again. If anyone knows of other switches that have to be turned on, I'd appreciate a heads up. The fact that it only worked in heat mode and not fan mode also has me a little suspicious.

Thanks again!

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I assume you have a Dometic AC like my 2017 337.

First see what the thermostat sees as current temperature. To do this hit the left button until you turn off the AC (blank screen). Then hit the up button on the right side and current temp will be displayed. Unit must be off to display current temp

Next hit left button until fan speed is displayed (auto, low or high) then hit right down button until AUTO is displayed.

Then hit left button until cool snowflake on bottom right is displayed putting the system in cooling mode.

Then drop temp with right lower button until temp setting is a few degrees below what was initially read as current temp

About 15 seconds or so the AC fan should start and about 3 seconds later you will hear the compressor kick in.

Hope this helps. And report back.
    Jerry & Linda
    Emma & Abby our Mini Golden Doodles & JR our Amazon Parrot
    2017 Reflection 337RLS, Build Date 01/2017, Titan Disk Brakes, Goodyear G614s 235/85/16 G Rated tires
    2022 F-450 King Ranch Ultimate, 4,868 lb Payload, Bedrug Bedliner, Andersen Ultimate II Aluminum 5th wheel hitch
    http://visitedstatesmap.com/image/FLGANCSCsm.jpg

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you have the Dometic Single Zone Digital Thermostat, then here's the manual.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Dometic Thermostat-SingleZoneDigital-Dometic-OperatingInstructions.pdf 
Views:	30 
Size:	1.40 MB 
ID:	8100
    La Porte, TX

2013 Ford F-250 SD SRW 4x4 6.7
    ARE Z Series Truck Cap w/Yakima Roof Rack
    CargoGlide 1500XL Full Extension Bed Slide
    Firestone 2535 Ride Rite Air Helper Spring
    2017 Reflection 297RSTS
    EasyStart 366 x05 Soft Start Kit (on both A/C's)
    Honda EU2000i w/tri-fuel kit
    Honda EU2000i Companion w/tri-fuel kit

Mentioned
    240 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The furnace only works in heat mode. It won't do anything in fan modes. There is no high or low fan mode in heat settings.
    Steve- Inventory Manager at Tom Schaeffer's RV, Shoemakersville, PA www.tomschaeffers.com
    [email protected]
    2011 RAM 3500 SRW Outdoorsman Edition 4X4, 6.7 Cummins--TWEAKED!
    2021 Reflection 310RLS

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks again for all of the feedback. I'll try this Wednesday when camping and let you all know what happens!

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    AC works! Problem solved.
    I wanted to thank you all again for your prompt feedback and let you know what the problem was. As I mentioned before, it worked at the dealership but not when I tried it the first time. It turns out that the AC is incorrectly wired through the auxiliary AC circuit breaker instead of the primary AC breaker and someone with good intentions at the dealership after the demo turned off the auxiliary and turned on the primary AC circuit breaker. So the double faults of it being incorrectly wired and someone flipping the breakers made it harder to solve.
    Thanks again for your help.

BTW does anyone know if the 337 has 2 GFI' s? None of the bedroom electrical outlets work. I've only found one GFI on the island and it works.

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm not near my 337 now but I'm not aware of aux and primary circuit breakers.

The 337 uses 50 amp supply. It's actually 2 separate 120 volt 50 amp legs and I suspect each of the 2 legs (circuit) is protected by a separate single pole 50 amp/120v breaker. Not like home 50 amp supplies where the 2 legs are used to supply 240 volts an a ganged double pole breaker is used. There is nothing in your trailer that uses 240 bolts.

I know on mine one AC works off one phase (leg) and the other AC works off the second phase (leg). Perhaps the main breaker that supplies phase that feeds the bedroom outlets is turned off cutting off power to the bedroom outlets.

All circuit breakers should be turned on.
    Jerry & Linda
    Emma & Abby our Mini Golden Doodles & JR our Amazon Parrot
    2017 Reflection 337RLS, Build Date 01/2017, Titan Disk Brakes, Goodyear G614s 235/85/16 G Rated tires
    2022 F-450 King Ranch Ultimate, 4,868 lb Payload, Bedrug Bedliner, Andersen Ultimate II Aluminum 5th wheel hitch
    http://visitedstatesmap.com/image/FLGANCSCsm.jpg

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast