Likes Likes:  0

Thread: More Dealers

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

More Dealers

GD how are you coming on getting new dealers I would love to see on in central Kentucky, I know you have Summit put to drive 5 hrs to get service is a little long to travel. Keep up the good work.
    2014 Solitude 369RL# 334
    2008 Chevy Dually 3500
    Love my 5th Wheel

Manufacturer
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: More Dealers

Hi

We are getting pretty close to closing all of our open dealer locations.

Regarding service, we want to take good care of our customers and create customers for LIFE! We feel it is always best to take your unit back to the local dealer whom we hope it is who you purchased it from. however, there will be times when there is not a "Local" dealer available, such as your case. If you call our service department, we will authorize a reputable local dealer to perform warranty work.

I hope this helps.

Happy travels,

Bill Fenech

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks Bill keep up the great work.
    Charles
    2014 Solitude 369RL# 334
    2008 Chevy Dually 3500
    Love my 5th Wheel

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just saw this dealer close to us:

Youngblood's RV of Paducah
    Paducah, KY
    phone 270-443-8211
    toll free 800-542-8206

RoseyPosey

GD:
    I live in Northern California and am reluctant to buy from the closest dealers because of customers' complaints about service after sale. One dealer even has a libel lawsuit against him.
    Two questions.
    1. Do you verify the quality of your dealers and how they treat people after the sale?
    2. Since I will be full timing and can easily travel to the dealer with the best after service, would that be the best choice for me? I.E., to locate a dealer, no matter where located, that I find takes care of his customers and buy from that dealer?
    Third question: Since we plan to travel often, where do you get trailer fixed if problems pop up and you are on the road?

Thanks.

Manufacturer
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi RoseyPosey:

Thank you for your questions and interest in Grand Design RV.

1. Regarding our dealers, we have been fortunate to be able do business with many of the best dealers in their market and the country. I sincerely believe that we have the best dealer body of any RV Manufacturer. Because of our reputation and the high level of dealer interest, we were basically able to hand pick our dealers. With that being said, we do not have the control over our dealers like the car companies do. Our dealers are independent operators and run their business the best way that THEY feel they should. Hopefully that way means a high level of customer service. Customer service is a definite criteria we used in choosing the dealers that we do business with. The way we structured our business, we only have ONE Grand Design RV dealer per market. This means that we are really partnering with that specific dealer and our success in that market relies solely with that dealer. Most other manufacturers have multiple dealers in a market so their dealer selection criteria is not so stringent as Grand Design RV.

2. We strongly encourage our customers to buy from their local dealer for several reasons. Please refer to our website regarding this. We understand that their will be times when a customer is just not comfortable with their local dealer. We hope that will not be up the case but it is possible. After trying to make it work with your local dealer but to no avail, I believe the customer should find a dealer that they are most comfortable with, create a relationship with that dealer and buy from them. Basically what you are suggesting.

3. Regarding service repairs, we have dealerships throughout the country and in Canada that will perform warranty and service work on your Grand Design RV. If your travels should take you to a remote location where there is not a Grand Design dealer, just give our service department a call and we will help you find a repair facility that will perform the warranty work for you (and us).

I sure hope this answers your questions. If not please feel to ask again or contact me personally.

I'm sorry for the long response but I wanted to try to help you understand how we think.

Our goal is to create customers and friends for LIFE.

Regards,

Bill Fenech

RoseyPosey

Thanks so much for your quick response!
    RoseyPosey

Manufacturer
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)