User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I can tell you that unless you are project-oriented, this is difficult. Usually any interior door must be removed. The trim had to be removed on the w/d closet to get my dryer in. The "centerline" mark for the dryer vent was actually lined up directly with the waterless trap for the washer drain, so be careful and use common sense; if the sticker lines up directly below the drain, this is a red flag. I have a 2017 377MB, which has the angled front closet, so going through the side panel goes into a void, then you have to drill through the exterior wall. I wound up routing through the back panel, the cutting through the side of just the fiberglass cap with a dremel. I used a white (spray painted black) louvered vent on the outside.

The hardest part was re-installing the trim without it looking like crap. Also, the hookups are on the side, which is anoying but tolerable for a combo with ventless drying (which always leaves clothes damp, even if using the correct load, which is usually half the capacity of washing (ie. 2.2 combo washing can wash 16 lbs of clothes, then rated to dry 8 lbs). So if you do a full load, you would have to take half out, then start drying, then repeat for second load. So basically 5 hrs. My combo (Midea-branded combo, yes i bought a combo and a dryer, just use the combo for washing) weighed 175 lbs. I'm 6'2, 200 lbs, 30 years old, and I was barely able to manhandle the thing solo into the closet. The dryer (Panda brand, 3.75 cubic feet, upper rear vent) ways only 55 lbs. Vented and stacked is the best setup and won't leave you wanting. It took me the better half of a day to be cautious and re-evaluate continuously. Overall succcessful installation, just wish I had known how involved it could be. Good luck.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We had one installed by our dealer on our new Solitude and really like it. We use it most every day and are having a learning curve as far as how much we can wash, how much soap, drying time, etc., but we are glad we got it. They had to remove the bedroom door and door trim molding to get it in. It's a heavy little sucker and can shake the whole camper when it spins.
    The Capt and the Admiral
    Joe & Marilyn
    2017 Solitude 384 GK-R
    2017 F350 DRW FX4 6.7 PS, B&W Companion
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We tried to install and whirlpool compact 120 v washer in our Reflection 315 RLTS TT and found out the discharge rate of 15 GPM exceeded the capacity of the 1 1/2" plumbing. The model was WFW5090GW. Apparently this was the only Whirlpool washer available in the compact 120v line of appliances. Is this a common problem?
    Last edited by deekay5; 10-06-2017 at 10:23 AM.

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

washer & separate dryer models for solitude 384gk?

Quote Originally Posted by joesmainship View Post
    We had one installed by our dealer on our new Solitude and really like it. We use it most every day and are having a learning curve as far as how much we can wash, how much soap, drying time, etc., but we are glad we got it. They had to remove the bedroom door and door trim molding to get it in. It's a heavy little sucker and can shake the whole camper when it spins.

Hello We were wondering if you could possibly give us the model numbers of the washer and dryer that you had installed in your solitude 384gk? Also did you loose a lot of closet storage adding these?
    Thank You in advance, Gary & Sandie

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mysunshinemyhappy View Post
    Hello We were wondering if you could possibly give us the model numbers of the washer and dryer that you had installed in your solitude 384gk? Also did you loose a lot of closet storage adding these?
    Thank You in advance, Gary & Sandie
    After reading all the reviews, we chose the Splendide XC2100 Vented Washer/Dryer Combo. That's what fit best in the 384 GK and we could have it dealer installed. It fits on the lower shelf in the front closet on the driver side. You do lose the closet space in that area, but there is so much storage space in this camper, we don't us all of it anyway. Our only complaint is that the W/D location in somewhat inconvenient for loading and unloading the unit. We much preferred the W/D location on the 310GK, but did not like the bedroom layout on that model. It does a pretty good job. We throw a few pieces in, turn it on, and go do whatever we have planned for the day. When we return, everything is dry or, at worst, we may have to dry it for another 20 min. For us, it was a good purchase.
    The Capt and the Admiral
    Joe & Marilyn
    2017 Solitude 384 GK-R
    2017 F350 DRW FX4 6.7 PS, B&W Companion
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just purchased a 2018 384GK-R and would like to add the Washer/Dryer soon. RV will be used more for a work cabin and will only have myself in it with some weekend visits by my wife. Looking for two standalone units as i don't need all the closet space it has. Can you guys suggest several units for washer and dryer (vented) I should consider?

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456