Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Slide out stuck

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Slide out stuck

My slide out is stuck in the extended position and I need some troubleshooting advise. Please help!

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    tknull - more information required . . . Type of trailer? Slide type/location? More definition of "stuck"?

Rob
    Cate & Rob
    2015 Reflection 303RLS

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the quick reply!
    I have a 30 foot trailer that I just bought used. It has a smaller bunk slide at the back and a larger dining room/sofa slide in the middle. It has the Schwintek electric slide mechanism. The larger slide goes out all the way but when I try ad retract it, the one side comes in 3-4" and it binds there.
    The controller shows a steady red led on. I have not seen anything that states what the steady red LED means.
    Also wondering if I unplug the one motor on the controller will that show me if the other motor is even working?
    I am trying to narrow the issue down.

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Call Lippert customer service directly. Schwintek slides are made by LCI 574-537-8900 You should be able to talk directly to a tech who can help you out.

Jim
    2017 F350 Bronze Fire XLT short bed SuperCab, SRW power stroke Diesel, 3.31 rear end, 18" AT tires
    Demco hijacker autoslide hitch
    2018 303RLS VIN#: 573FR3329J3313328. Built 4/2017. Dual AC's, freestanding table/chairs
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    tknull - there are many videos available online that can likely walk you through this problem. It is common for the Schwintek slides to get out of sync which can lead to the issue you describe. I'm betting a quick review of a few videos and you will quickly resolve your issue.

Here's one: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hSafAnjxIV4
    Paul "Poppy" and Deb Cervone
    2022 Imagine XLS 22MLE
    2021 Imagine XLS 17MKE - SOLD ; 2015 Grand Design Reflection 337RLS - SOLD
    2016 GMC Denali 3500HD SRW Duramax/Allison CC 4x4; Tire Minder TPMS

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I tried to operate my Schwintek slide once after pulling my RV out of storage and even though I was plugged into shore power, the slide went out part way and stopped crooked. One motor was working and the other wasn't. I checked for error codes, reset the controller, etc. Nothing worked. I learned that my battery voltage was low and that's what caused the problem. After being plugged into shore power over night (which recharged the 12v house batteries), the slide worked fine. I haven't had a problem since then. Make sure your house batteries are fully charged.
    Brian & Kellie
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, FBP, 1,460w solar, 540ah BBGC3, MORryde IS w/disc brakes
    2020 F-350 Platinum SRW Powerstroke Tremor, 60g TF fuel tank, Hensley BD3-F air bag hitch

Previous setups:
    2019 Solitude 373FB-R, 2019 F-350 Platinum DRW Powerstroke, Hensley BD5 air bag hitch
    2016 Reflection 318RST, 2016 GMC 3500 Denali SRW Duramax, Hensley BD3 air bag hitch

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have watched pretty much every video I can online and nothing seems to work. It does not seem to be an alignment issue.

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thats a good point bertschb. I found out the converter was shot in the trailer as well. I replaced that yesterday. I wonder if I need to reset the slide controller as it was operated under low voltage.

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tknull View Post
    My slide out is stuck in the extended position and I need some troubleshooting advise. Please help!
    Your owners manual will be a help to you. There will be a way to manually push your slide back in but you will need some help. Once the sliders and you can take it to a nearby dealer or diagnose the problem yourself it could be any number of things. If you post to make your make and model this will help others to help you

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by insidescoop View Post
    Your owners manual will be a help to you. There will be a way to manually push your slide back in but you will need some help. Once the sliders and you can take it to a nearby dealer or diagnose the problem yourself it could be any number of things. If you post to make your make and model this will help others to help you

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    The trailer is a 2011 Salem QBUD. I am not looking to just get the slide in and get it to a dealer. I am trying to fix it myself. The tech at Lippert said the motor is amping out which might indicate that it is binding. I took the vertical piece off the exterior that the motor sits in and hit the switch and the mechanism ran out along the track so the motor is working. Maybe not under load though. I am now trying to get that piece back onto the unit with alot of difficulty. We are currently getting a big dump of snow so I will have to wait a day or so to tackle it again.

Any other input would be appreciated. I may have to put it back together and take to dealer but trying to avoid that expense.

Take care.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast