User Tag List

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JCZhome View Post
    I've been told by full timers that use South Dakota as a domain that you'll need plan F if you want to have Medicare access all over the U.S. They are both on Medicare and said it hasn't been a problem for them.
    I'm using SD address. Both my wife and I are on Medicare and Plan F. insurance. Medicare, SSA, my Plan F insurance company as well as medical providers all have my SD address as my address of record. I have had no issues using Medicare anywhere in the U.S. Medicare has paid every claim as well as plan F picking up the balance. In fact most of our doctors are in Texas as that is where we spend the better portion of our time. No issues at all. One item to keep in mind. If one signs up for a Medicare Advantage plan then that will only be good in SD as it is basically an HMO type plan. Medicare is taken nationwide and the F plans is taken anywhere Medicare is accepted.

Back to the OP issue. SD also has a special license for combinations over 26K #. The rules have recently changed but I have 2 more years to research before my license is up for renewal.
    John & Joyce
    2017 Solitude 375RES
    2018 Ford F-450 King Ranch
    I'd Rather Have More Truck Than I Need Than Need More Truck Than I Have

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    South Dakota is attempting to crack down on out of staters registering their rigs , it seems surrounding states are moaning about loss of revenue.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Booneyrat View Post
    South Dakota is attempting to crack down on out of staters registering their rigs , it seems surrounding states are moaning about loss of revenue.
    I have heard from several motorhome owners that created a LLC in a different state to register motorhome to get out paying taxes and was pulled over by State Police was ask for CDL, log book and DOT numbers since they were register commercial business (LLC). I have register and leased vehicles for my own business and never been told I had to have a CDL to drive them but I have no reason not to believe that it hasn't happened.

A rolling stone....we're in Tucson, Az. now.
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Booneyrat View Post
    Where does your information come from?

If your domain and your legal address are South Dakota then your vehicles should be registered there as well.
    SOLD my 2017 Momentum 376TH being pulled by a 2014 Ford F-350 Lariat, FX-4, Crew Cab, Longbed, Dually. Not pulling the 5er, catch me on my 2013 CVO Harley Ultra Classic.

Map = states that we've stayed at least one night in our RV.

http://visitedstatesmap.com/image/AR...TNTXUTWYsm.jpg

King Pin
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

If your domain and your legal address are South Dakota then your vehicles should be registered there as well.
    True, but according to the attached article, there are always people trying to scam the system. It's very complex and even SD recognizes it's a problem for other states.

Jum
    http://rapidcityjournal.com/news/sou...cc4c002e0.html

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks Jim. Doesn't look like we have anything to worry about at this point. We do not have any other address.....South Dakota is it and we'll be spending all of this coming summer in Rapid City.
    SOLD my 2017 Momentum 376TH being pulled by a 2014 Ford F-350 Lariat, FX-4, Crew Cab, Longbed, Dually. Not pulling the 5er, catch me on my 2013 CVO Harley Ultra Classic.

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My information comes from many friends who have registered their land yachts in SD,and..the Rapid City,SD newspapers. Also...Wyoming..Nebraska..North Dakota have also been involved in cracking down on these people.My thoughts are if you own property in a state..then you should also register your vehicles in that same state..along with your drivers license...no more free lunches for cheaters.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you Booneyrat. Looking at the article that Tucson Jim posted a link to, above, it looks like it's directed at those that still live in other states and are using a South Dakota address just to register their vehicles. Doesn't look like it applies to full timers that don't live/have an address in another state.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Resurrecting this old thread... what do you need to study to be prepared for the written and driving tests? Looking at setting up Domicile in Texas. Additionally since I don't know the Texas area which testing center is closest to Livingston that tests Class A Exempt?

Pretty sure I need the Class A with an F450 and 390RK.

Thanks!
    2021 Solitude 390RK On Order
    2019 F450

Mentioned
    187 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MarkF450S390RK View Post
    Resurrecting this old thread... what do you need to study to be prepared for the written and driving tests? Looking at setting up Domicile in Texas. Additionally since I don't know the Texas area which testing center is closest to Livingston that tests Class A Exempt?

Pretty sure I need the Class A with an F450 and 390RK.

Thanks!
    Go read this thread on the Escapees forum from the very start. It's several years old but the initial entry is excellent and the thread has been updated with any changes that have occurred. The TX drivers license in Livingston does testing for the Class A/B exempt licenses last I knew.

http://www.rvnetwork.com/topic/12534...comment-868304

Rob
    U.S. Army Retired
    2012 F350 DRW CC LB Lariat PS 6.7
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes,
    Sailun LRG tires, solar, DP windows, W/D
    (Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
    Full time since 08/2015

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast