User Tag List

Thread: Full Time Fun !

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Full Time Fun !

We have been full timing for 2 years as of tomorrow. It has been a blast. We started off in a 42' Beaver Motor Coach pulling a Jeep Wrangler. This last winter we went to Arizona and fell in love with a resort there (Val Vista Villages). Liked it so much we bought a park model that we lived the 2nd half of the winter in. Sold the Coach and the Jeep. Bought a F350 Crew Cab 4WD Diesel and started looking for a Bumper Pull TT in the 30' range that we thought we could spend the summers in. After quite an extensive search we found our 2670MK and bought it ! We have been living in it about a month now and love it. It gets into 98% of the campgrounds due to its size, which was a big negative to the Coach. State parks and National Parks are no longer off the list !! If we could change anything about our rig it would be the way the awning comes out over the slide. Too tight to the top, but some simple pipe insulation has corrected that. Also the main living area has 6 LED lights that are as about as bright as the sun, but that fix is on its way. Other than that we love it. It is like the designers said, lets make a rig the perfect size for a couple to camp long term in.............Let us know if you have any questions on our coach and we will try to help !

Michael and Brenda

2012 F350 Crew Cab 4WD Diesel
    2670MK

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Congratulations Michael and Brenda! Welcome to our group
    2018 Freedom Elite 24FE, 2 Yorkies, and my wife MARILYN, HAM call K0LCB. Traveling around this great country, making friends and seeing lot of beautiful and interesting places

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Love storys like yours

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GD MIKE View Post
    We have been full timing for 2 years as of tomorrow. It has been a blast. We started off in a 42' Beaver Motor Coach pulling a Jeep Wrangler. This last winter we went to Arizona and fell in love with a resort there (Val Vista Villages). Liked it so much we bought a park model that we lived the 2nd half of the winter in. Sold the Coach and the Jeep. Bought a F350 Crew Cab 4WD Diesel and started looking for a Bumper Pull TT in the 30' range that we thought we could spend the summers in. After quite an extensive search we found our 2670MK and bought it ! We have been living in it about a month now and love it. It gets into 98% of the campgrounds due to its size, which was a big negative to the Coach. State parks and National Parks are no longer off the list !! If we could change anything about our rig it would be the way the awning comes out over the slide. Too tight to the top, but some simple pipe insulation has corrected that. Also the main living area has 6 LED lights that are as about as bright as the sun, but that fix is on its way. Other than that we love it. It is like the designers said, lets make a rig the perfect size for a couple to camp long term in.............Let us know if you have any questions on our coach and we will try to help !

Michael and Brenda

2012 F350 Crew Cab 4WD Diesel
    2670MK
    Hi Michael & Brenda,
    My wife & I are closing in on year one of full time RV living and it has been a great adventure to date. Our only real problem has been finding campgrounds that our 44ft TH will be welcomed. It is our home so we really don't want to downsize for the next 4-5 years, but hope to follow your plan after that time. Thanks for your post and keep on rollin'!

Green Bay Pam & Rick

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Safe travels,
    Rick & Pam Kercheval

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That's a great floorplan. How do you like the built in desk? I'm years away from retirement, but with my job, I could work from my RV. Just add desk and internet.
    2018 Solitude 310GK
    2017 RAM 3500 Crew Cab, Short Box, 4x4, SRW, Cummins 6.7
    https://photos.smugmug.com/Other/Oth...dStatesMap.gif

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Love the desk !! We use it all the time. The rig comes with 4 chairs, 2 solid and 2 folding. We take and store one of the folding chairs in the front cargo hold and place the other at the desk. That leaves the 2 solid chairs at the dining table and makes lots of room for the two of us when we eat. Of course if we have another couple over for dinner, we just re arrange. Good luck with getting to that retirement stage as soon as you can. We often say we wished we had started this lifestyle a little sooner than we did !

M&B

Setting Up Camp Big Blue Camping's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am 45 years old. A long way from retirement but ale to get a couple longs trips in a year. Getting ready to take an 18 day trip out west with our new rig. I have to work some while traveling. No way I can be out of the "office" that long. Our CEO, my direct boss, is a camper too so that helps. Can't wait until I can truly hit the road without the stress of work on mind. If I have my phone and laptop I never truly get away from it. But on the flip side, it has afforded us the life we have. Thanks God for that too. Thanks for sharing guys. Looking forward to being amongst your ranks someday. [emoji4]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Jason and Kim - Burlington, KY
    2017 Reflection 367BHS
    2013 Silverado 2500HD - Duramax Diesel + Allison Trans
    Pullrite Superglide
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm thinking that I'll end up pulling the dinette out and putting a work desk in its place. I had looked at the bunk house models thinking I could use that room for an office, but I didn't think it was a good use of space.
    2018 Solitude 310GK
    2017 RAM 3500 Crew Cab, Short Box, 4x4, SRW, Cummins 6.7
    https://photos.smugmug.com/Other/Oth...dStatesMap.gif

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We work out of ours constantly. The desk was one of the selling points of the 2670MK. I have installed a docking station for my tablet computer along with a second monitor, a Wi-Fi Booster and am about to add a We Boost cellular booster. We have the dinette with benches so we have a rolling chair for the desk that works and fits perfectly.
    Chuck & Robin, LuLu and Georgie
    Highlands Ranch, CO
    2019 2670MK
    5.7 Toyota Tundra TRD with Towing Package
    TRD sway bar & Firestone air bags

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    On November 8, 2018 my wife and I became "full timers," not by choice but out of necessity. That was the day the CAMP fire destroyed Paradise California and claimed our home and all of our possessions. Thankfully we were able to get ourselves, two dogs and a cat out safely. We lived in our 2017 Reflection 303RLS for five months at an RV Park in Chico while we negotiated with our homeowners insurance company. I retired a year earlier than planned to get on with living, (a catastrophe like this will change how one looks at life). We decided not to rebuild our home and have since purchased a home in the southern California desert town of La Quinta. We will be forever grateful that we had our 5th wheel to shelter us through a long, cold, wet winter.