Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Progressive RV Insurance and Roadside Assistance

New owners and new to RVs so want to get thoughts on the Progressive RV insurance and roadside assistance products. Really hope I don't need either...am I in good hands with Progressive?

Thanks...
    2017 Imagine 2600RB
    2017 Toyota Tundra 5.7 V8

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Progressive was very good with my initial insurance claim for hail damage. However, the process of getting a new check in a short time period was a struggle. I can't blame them entirely, GDRV put me in the time crunch to begin with.

Overall, happy with the insurance coverage. Do not use their roadside assistance, I'm covered through USAA and my auto policy.

Good luck, Dave
    Dave & Becky
    Always camping with the K9s. The boys are grown and rarely join us anymore.
    Colorado Springs, CO
    2016 Reflection 313RLTS
    2012 Ford F350 Lariat CCLB 6.7L PSD
    (now retired) Mildly massaged 2002 Ford Excursion 7.3L PSD

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dannysdaddy View Post
    Progressive was very good with my initial insurance claim for hail damage. However, the process of getting a new check in a short time period was a struggle. I can't blame them entirely, GDRV put me in the time crunch to begin with.

Overall, happy with the insurance coverage. Do not use their roadside assistance, I'm covered through USAA and my auto policy.

Good luck, Dave
    Thanks Dannysdad, on an unrelated note seeing your crossed pistols (MP?) and home base. We're staying at the famcamp at the Air Force Academy (Peregrine Pines) for a week next month. Ever stay out there or check out the camp?
    2017 Imagine 2600RB

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by avetraveler View Post
    Thanks Dannysdad, on an unrelated note seeing your crossed pistols (MP?) and home base. We're staying at the famcamp at the Air Force Academy (Peregrine Pines) for a week next month. Ever stay out there or check out the camp?
    Yes, former MP at Fort Carson, 984th - Worldwide Deployable!
    I've never camped at the USAFA however. I spend a fair amount of time on the Academy however, cycling and contracting. Everything I hear about the FamCamp is good though.

- Dave
    Dave & Becky
    Always camping with the K9s. The boys are grown and rarely join us anymore.
    Colorado Springs, CO
    2016 Reflection 313RLTS
    2012 Ford F350 Lariat CCLB 6.7L PSD
    (now retired) Mildly massaged 2002 Ford Excursion 7.3L PSD

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My experiences with Progressive over the last few years is not good. They have been the opposite of Grand Design on how they deal with claims.
    Now this is here in so Cal and I am saying this based on my experience as an insurance agent for them. Not impressed.

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I forgot to "look up" 5 days after picking my new Reflection fifth wheel up in East Tennessee impaling my slider in 2 places. Fortunately I was only 5 miles from my dealership's body shop.

Progressive has so many RV's insured in East TN, Western NC and SW VA that they have a dedicated RV adjuster that lives in the Tri-Cities. He knew my body shop manager well, and he managed my claim very well. And when they found the paint inside my refrigerator's freezer, they didn't bat an eye to buy a new fridge.

It took quite sometime to get some new cabinetry through Grand Design parts. And then my dealer's painter had to "match" the fiberglass surface of my slide with paint--and I refused to accept his sub-par quality paint. RV insurance claims are not very enjoyable--especially when you have places to go and sights to see.

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A couple weeks ago I obtained insurance for my 2017 2600RB. I called five different companies, when I called Geico they quoted me with coverage by Foremost Insurance company which specializes in RV, Boats, etc. They were the least expensive with full replacement of the trailer if not repairable with a $750 deductible, roadside assistance and items stolen out of the trailer also covered. I called Foremost directly for a quote and they were higher than Geico's quote. They have a rating of "A" by AM Best. I would highly recommend getting full replacement coverage for the trailer

Greg

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks all. Really hoping I never have to use the insurance or the roadside assistance but will report my experience if I do.
    2017 Imagine 2600RB

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I had Progressive roadside assistance with my last 5th wheel. While traveling from Mass. into New Hampshire I had a trailer break come apart (it was brand new but backing plate wasn't tightened by the tech.) We had just pulled onto the freeway from a rest stop and a passerby alerted me to the smoking wheel. I pulled off, onto a fairly wide shoulder. We called Progressive and they said they would send out a tow truck. I told them my truck could pull the trailer if the trailer were towable and they should send a flatbed or mechanic. After waiting for an hour and still no answer from Progressive we called Good Sam and purchased their roadside assistance. They had a mechanic out in 20 minutes to take the brake assembly apart and free the wheel up. The mechanic told me that it wasn't a repair and I would have to go to a service center as soon as possible. This got me to Maine and I got an appointment with Camping World in Conway for the following week. I am so far happy with Good Sam but I don't think Progressive is capable of RV roadside assistance. The other thing that bothered me was that they left me hanging with no calls back after they gave me the tow companies name. IMHO the Customer Service was terrible!

King Pin
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Greg107 View Post
    A couple weeks ago I obtained insurance for my 2017 2600RB. I called five different companies, when I called Geico they quoted me with coverage by Foremost Insurance company which specializes in RV, Boats, etc. They were the least expensive with full replacement of the trailer if not repairable with a $750 deductible, roadside assistance and items stolen out of the trailer also covered. I called Foremost directly for a quote and they were higher than Geico's quote. They have a rating of "A" by AM Best. I would highly recommend getting full replacement coverage for the trailer

Greg
    I've seen "full replacement" discussed before, but don't understand how it works. If you have a four year old fifth wheel or trailer that gets totaled, do they give you enough money to purchase a brand new one, or enough to purchase another unit of the same model year that was totaled?

Jim

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast