User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Front LED Strip Lights Wiring Question ?

So I ordered a Dusk to Dawn 12 v Electric Eye switch to install on my front LED Lights, and it came and now I am a bit confused. The existing switch has 3 wires coming to it. One on one side (Orange and White) and two on the other side combined(Both wires are Black and White). The Dusk to Dawn Eye Switch has three wires, White or Load, Red or Neutral, and Black or Line, or at least that is how they are labeled. I cant quite figure out how to hook this thing up ! Any help would be greatly appreciated !!

Mike

Rolling Along
    Now-Oct 2018: Prince William Forest Park, NPS, Triangle VA
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Neutral is terminology used in AC wiring; it's used to carry the return current from the load. Even though there's no return current through the switch, I believe that recent versions of the NEC require a Neutral wire to a switch.

In DC circuits, the return current from the load is carried by a ground wire, which often just ties to the frame.

My guess is that the switch was designed for use in either AC or DC circuits, hence the Neutral terminal. My thought is that you would connect Load to Orange/White, Line to Black/White, and have nothing connected to Neutral. You could check with an ohmmeter.

Dave

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk
    2015 Reflection 337RLS, #931, Built 6/14, Purchased New 1/15
    2015 Silverado 3500HD LTZ SRW CC, 8' Bed, 4WD, Z71, Duramax/Allison
    11,600 GVW, 3,739 Payload, 16.1 mpg for first 21,000 miles
    Reese Elite 18K Hitch with underbed rails
    Amateur Radio KQ3T (ex-WN8PXF, WA8PXF, N3CKQ)
    Felines: Butter (Abyssinian), Cinnamon (Burmese, R.I.P.), and Harry (Orange Tiger Cat, Rescued from Sutton Lake CG, WV)
    2018: Visitor Center Volunteer at Prince William Forest Park, Triangle VA, June thru October
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Did you figure out how to wire your dusk-to-dawn switch to your front LED lights? I have an Imagine 2021 model and it has the two strips of blue LED lights up front. The switch is located on the opposite side of the RV door and in the front storage compartment. Not very handy. I was going to install a remote switch to it today but I don't understand the wiring either. My light switch has two black wires (connected) that attach to the top prong on the back of the switch. The bottom prong has an ORANGE wire that comes from a "double wire" .. it splits off and the other half (white with orange stripe) goes into a nut that has two more wires with it. I just installed a remote switch inside to the light over the theater seats. I just don't know where to install the remote switch. Hope you have some answers. thanks!

Susan
    2021 Imagine 2600RB