User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Adding a door in the universal docking station.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1141.jpg 
Views:	41 
Size:	48.8 KB 
ID:	24237Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1143.jpg 
Views:	39 
Size:	45.4 KB 
ID:	24238Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1147.jpg 
Views:	40 
Size:	47.4 KB 
ID:	24239Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1148.jpg 
Views:	49 
Size:	94.6 KB 
ID:	24240

The photos in my post #19 had the images sideways. I have reposted the images in #21 to make viewing them easier.
    Last edited by cmurray; 01-11-2020 at 09:53 PM.

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We have a 2020 MK2670 and it also "features" this screwball docking station. I presumed that the term "docking" meant that the structure should be removed and thrown from a dock and replaced with something better; however, what we are going to do is cut a 6" hole in the thang near the area where I need access to the winterization valve. For a self-closing "door" that covers this access hole, I'm going to cut-out a semi-circular shape from some thin material and use that. I say "semi-circular" because there will be a tab sticking out from the side of the otherwise circular "door". I'm going to run a screw through this tab right above the circular opening and let this door pivot from that. Gravity should keep the thing pretty much closed but I may add a latch or two. So that's the plan...we'll see how well it works this Spring. I will also be adding some rigid foam insulation to the compartment door and maybe to the docking station as well.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hazdad View Post
    We have a 2020 MK2670 and it also "features" this screwball docking station. I presumed that the term "docking" meant that the structure should be removed and thrown from a dock and replaced with something better; however, what we are going to do is cut a 6" hole in the thang near the area where I need access to the winterization valve. For a self-closing "door" that covers this access hole, I'm going to cut-out a semi-circular shape from some thin material and use that. I say "semi-circular" because there will be a tab sticking out from the side of the otherwise circular "door". I'm going to run a screw through this tab right above the circular opening and let this door pivot from that. Gravity should keep the thing pretty much closed but I may add a latch or two. So that's the plan...we'll see how well it works this Spring. I will also be adding some rigid foam insulation to the compartment door and maybe to the docking station as well.
    I'm a little confused (not unusual with me...) Is the winterization valve on the 2670 in the docking station cabinet or attached to the water pump under the sink? On the 2400BH/2800BH the system is winterized by removing a drawer in the kitchen to access the water pump and throwing a valve to draw antifreeze from 1 gallon jugs. The only thing I touch on the docking station is the blue valve ensuring it's set to city water vs fresh water fill. The bypass valve on the water heater is also turned to keep the antifreeze out of the heater.

I'm interested to know what is different in the 2670MK - thanks!

Bob
    2019 Imagine 2400BH
    Progressive Industries Hardwired EMS, RV Airflow, MicroAir EasyStart, MaxxAir Fan
    2021 Ram 1500 Bighorn EcoDiesel CC short bed
    Anderson Weight Distribution Hitch

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The water pump on the 2670 is inside the docking station cabinet along with the winterization valve and that length of tubing that gets stuck in the jug of RV antifreeze.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hazdad View Post
    The water pump on the 2670 is inside the docking station cabinet along with the winterization valve and that length of tubing that gets stuck in the jug of RV antifreeze.
    Wow. Grand Design definitely should have put a door on the side of the docking station to make winterizing and pump maintenance simpler. Having to take the station apart just to winterize is silly - or a Nautilus system should be used.

Sorry for you that you have to go through those troubles :-/

Bob
    2019 Imagine 2400BH
    Progressive Industries Hardwired EMS, RV Airflow, MicroAir EasyStart, MaxxAir Fan
    2021 Ram 1500 Bighorn EcoDiesel CC short bed
    Anderson Weight Distribution Hitch

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tebpac View Post
    Thanks again for all the input. GD uses the Lippert Schwintek System for their slides?
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=xojUdPDWNS0
    Hilarious at the 3:14 mark. Looks like maybe the motor slid back down and the left side got caught. So they changed the angle of the camera where you can't see where somebody is probably holding the motor up out of the way while he pushes it in.

Larry

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve&Camy View Post
    I removed and discarded all the screws holding the two metal corners & wood panel on the 2500RL's docking station.
    Then I glued the two metal corners on the wood panel using "Goop".
    Next I used six velcro patches (short self-stick pieces stapled on docking box wood studs, longer self-stick pieces on removable panel) to hold panel on.
    This panel is easy to pull off so that access to winterizing valve & hose is quick.

Reason for doing this is I wanted to connect my winterizing hose to the fresh water tank's drain line in order to use the last 8 gallons of fresh water.
    (See my other older post in Plumbing explaining why the last 8-9 gallons is not useable in these tanks since pump suction line is connected to side of fresh tank rather than the bottom).
    A picture is worth a 1000 words. Would you post one please. I like the modification
    Donna and Dave
    Annapolis, Maryland
    2021 Grand Design Imagine 2500RL / Dodge Ram Longhorn 2500 6.4 Hemi
    350 W Newapower Solar: 3000 Victron Inverter/ Charger: Firefly Oasis carbon foam AGM

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123