User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oops. I think someone at the factory has their impact driver set too high....

So I thought I had the water leaks of the shower surround taken care of... Nope.... ended up with a good puddle that went down underneath into the hole cutout for the gray tank so stuck my hand in there with some rags to soak up what I could but decided JIC I will pull some of the screws out of the coroplast and have a look see. So started removing the screws and noticed the propane quick connect came with the coroplast. That doesn't seem right.... I looked a bit closer... see picture, both self tapping screws sheared off... well I guess it is good I found it before our first shake down trip this weekend rather than the propane hose dragging down the road...
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20170510_200928213.jpg 
Views:	163 
Size:	90.5 KB 
ID:	8271

Jim
    2017 F350 Bronze Fire XLT short bed SuperCab, SRW power stroke Diesel, 3.31 rear end, 18" AT tires
    Demco hijacker autoslide hitch
    2018 303RLS VIN#: 573FR3329J3313328. Built 4/2017. Dual AC's, freestanding table/chairs
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

King Pin
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    The joy of RV ownership. Just when you think you have everything figured out, you run into something new. Just be thankful that you're handy with a wrench and can do a lot of the work yourself. I think a lot of people who say "my RV is perfect" haven't done a lot of digging.

Jim

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TucsonJim View Post
    The joy of RV ownership. Just when you think you have everything figured out, you run into something new. Just be thankful that you're handy with a wrench and can do a lot of the work yourself. I think a lot of people who say "my RV is perfect" haven't done a lot of digging.

Jim
    Amen to that.... Now my knumdrum is how many tools do I take with me this weekend on our first shakedown trip...
    2017 F350 Bronze Fire XLT short bed SuperCab, SRW power stroke Diesel, 3.31 rear end, 18" AT tires
    Demco hijacker autoslide hitch
    2018 303RLS VIN#: 573FR3329J3313328. Built 4/2017. Dual AC's, freestanding table/chairs
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

King Pin
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BabyBober View Post
    Amen to that.... Now my knumdrum is how many tools do I take with me this weekend on our first shakedown trip...
    No matter how many you take, the one you need will be sitting in your garage!

Jim

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Duct tape, a hammer and vise grips.

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    WOW, just had the same problem, but hadn't got to uploading the pictures yet. Just got back from having warranty work completed and was under the unit inspecting things. Looked at the rear kitchen LP quick connect and didn't look right. Took ahold of it and it fell into my hand. Bolt sheared! The hose was long enough to drag on the ground. What a show that would have been.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I installed my surge protector last weekend. When I pulled the cover off the breaker box, a couple of the luggs on the neutral bar were so tight they pinched the wire and broke it. I had to put a crescent wrench on the driver to get the lug loose. I understand they need to be tight but not that tight.
    Phil & Clisty Porter
    Indianola, IA
    2015 Silverado 2500HD
    2017 Imagine 2950RL

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    BabyBober, Thanks for the Heads Up. Checked mine today on our new 303. Found 4 that had snapped on the LP lines. I've never trusted those self tappers.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That was quick to see 3 similar cases. Like the greased brakes, please make good use of the NHTSA complaint / reporting.

https://www-odi.nhtsa.dot.gov/VehicleComplaint/

Tom
    2013 Silverado 3500HD / LWB / 2WD / Duramax-Allison
    2017 Reflection 303RLS

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You are correct. The lugs on the PI EMS-50HW is 25 inch pounds torque. I also found the torque for my 50 amp. receptacle is 25 inch pounds.