Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Shower stall leak

Well another user with leaks at the shower. First try, immediately got water on the outside of the frame around the base. I could see where the caulking had gaps. Siliconed the bottom edge around door assembly. Wait 24 hrs. Second attempt. Better but still some leaking on the slide out corner. Dry it out and caulk again. Ok, I think it is getting behind the edge of the bottom pan and wall panel so silicone about three inches in. Since the wall panel is not attached and flexes I couldn't go any further. All seems good though. I am happy. Now for the oops. I was flushing the lines to get rid of the chlorine smell and the shower head was dangling down the wall. Shower head was spraying right at the junction of the bottom pan and the wall panel of the kitchen side. Next thing I know the bathroom floor is all wet. Crap!

So I think the only cure is to put a 1/2 dozen stainless screws in to secure the wall panel to the bottom tub and then Silicone the whole thing.

Has anyone else had this issue?

Jim
    2017 F350 Bronze Fire XLT short bed SuperCab, SRW power stroke Diesel, 3.31 rear end, 18" AT tires
    Demco hijacker autoslide hitch
    2018 303RLS VIN#: 573FR3329J3313328. Built 4/2017. Dual AC's, freestanding table/chairs
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Jim,

The wall panels hang loose over the pan, sort of like shingles. I think you artificially pushed water back through this joint in a way that would not happen normally. Let it dry out and see if you still have a problem before trying to fasten these parts together with screws and silicone. Ours is a loose overlap and has never leaked.

Rob
    Cate & Rob
    2015 Reflection 303RLS

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Jim - agree with Rob's thinking.

We did have a small shower leak with no water on BR floor but with a small drip from basement ceiling near outside street side RV wall. Found missing small area of caulk inside lower area of door rail mounted to floor pan and the area where the metal vertical rail is mounted on the street side shower wall. I removed much of the original caulk and cleaned up all the excess caulk and re-appllied the entire floor pan and few inches up both vertical wall rails and all fixed with applying small amount of silicone.

Some reports of shower leaks have been reported on the forum with both the corner and rectangular units. Maybe the GDRV employees doing this job were previously at a different company working on grease seals !

Dan
    Dan & Carol
    2014 303RLS Reflection #185 (10/2013 build)
    2012 Silverado LTZ Crew Duramax 2500HD
    2700/16K Pullrite Superglide