Likes Likes:  0
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567
    Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by LeavinHome View Post
    We have Never, even one time, had our ramp door open during rain. this is a 2022 unit, and they replaced the first ramp door on it when gallons poured out of the picture frame around it during the purchaser walk through.
    this door still leaks after rain, when we open it water runs out at what would be the top, and I see rust in the corner. Now today, the it won't close. The attachment for the cable is actually outside of the opening on the right side, and has too much space on the left; like the door is now catty-wampus in the opening. Has anyone else experienced this? We would have to say, this unit is the biggest piece of junk we have ever owned. Very sorry we bought it.
    Are you level when closing the door? If trailer is off angle the door might miss-aline.
    I’d go back to your dealer who put a new door on. I’d guess they installed it wrong. Go look at same trailer in dealer lot and see if you can see a difference!

Mine I’ve had to partly latch one side then shove the other side to get door to seat. But never had a water problem… yet and mines a 2016

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes, it is auto leveled. On further inspection, it would appear that the door has shifted since it was installed. Interesting to note that you have to shove on one side to get the door to close. The water problem has been continual with the original door and now this replacement door. Common sense tells us that water entering that wood is going to make it swell. Called the dealer yesterday, they said it's a manufacturer problem (brand new employee advised this). I called the manufacturer, they said it's an install problem, call the dealer. With the junk that Grand Design makes, I'm not surprised with all the buck passing. Running to the dealer from Northern Michigan to Birch Run General Rv is not a welcome solution with the price of diesel and their appointments are always 3 months out as well. I would have thought a brand new RV shouldn't have all the problems we have had: when they installed the awning, it blocked the gutter so when it rains, the water pours down the side of the rig and over and through the basement hatch doors instead of making it to the down spouts. The washer/dryer connection leaks water in the garage, and the floors squeak in bedroom and on and on. Ten years with an Open Range and never any problems, this one had problems before it left the sales lot. I'm not impressed.

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes, it is auto leveled. On further inspection, it would appear that the door has shifted since it was installed. Interesting to note that you have to shove on one side to get the door to close. The water problem has been continual with the original door and now this replacement door. Common sense tells us that water entering that wood is going to make it swell. Called the dealer yesterday, they said it's a manufacturer problem (brand new employee advised this). I called the manufacturer, they said it's an install problem, call the dealer. With the junk that Grand Design makes, I'm not surprised with all the buck passing. Running to the dealer from Northern Michigan to Birch Run General Rv is not a welcome solution with the price of diesel and their appointments are always 3 months out as well. I would have thought a brand new RV shouldn't have all the problems we have had: when they installed the awning, it blocked the gutter so when it rains, the water pours down the side of the rig and over and through the basement hatch doors instead of making it to the down spouts. The washer/dryer connection leaks water in the garage, and the floors squeak in bedroom and on and on. Ten years with an Open Range and never any problems, this one had problems before it left the sales lot. I'm not impressed.
    When I say I’ve had to partially latch one side then shove in the other that’s when it’s parked on the street and I’m loading my Harley etc, not level !
    It’s not hard it just makes it easier to close. Physics makes smarter not harder.

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I spoke with a different Michigan dealer, the service department said the doors can move side to side. He suspected that one or more of the plastic shims may have broken. At any rate, since we are going downstate anyway in June, we made an appointment with them to get it serviced.

Mentioned
    240 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Your 2022 Momentum has a weatherproof door. The water is meant to run through it, and do no harm. Not saying there isn't something wrong with the install, but water won't hurt it at all. Haven't seen a swollen door since they switched to this new version several years ago. The OP has the old, non-weatherproof door.

Consider yourself lucky with Open Range. I have 3 on my lot right now with rotten, waterlogged slide out floors. All 2021 to 2015 models. It's a known recurring problem. They even stock slide floors to get replaced.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails ramp.jpg  
    Last edited by huntr70; 05-14-2022 at 01:11 PM.
    Steve- Inventory Manager at Tom Schaeffer's RV, Shoemakersville, PA www.tomschaeffers.com
    [email protected]
    2011 RAM 3500 SRW Outdoorsman Edition 4X4, 6.7 Cummins--TWEAKED!
    2021 Reflection 310RLS

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I had a 2017 open range for 6months before I purged that and went to my 2017 GD… personally I’ll never go back. My OR was junk the floor cracked first week, slides would drift open going down the road… I guess it’s a open range! The bolts were loose on the fifth wheel ! Axels leaf mounts were welded on crooked so it tracked horribly!

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by huntr70 View Post
    Your 2022 Momentum has a weatherproof door. The water is meant to run through it, and do no harm. Not saying there isn't something wrong with the install, but water won't hurt it at all. Haven't seen a swollen door since they switched to this new version several years ago. The OP has the old, non-weatherproof door.

Consider yourself lucky with Open Range. I have 3 on my lot right now with rotten, waterlogged slide out floors. All 2021 to 2015 models. It's a known recurring problem. They even stock slide floors to get replaced.
    We have that sticker on the back! So your information is interesting. Water does damage though, always, so I have to question that it is made to do that. No doubt about the Open Range models from 2015 and up. Ours was a 2011 that was actually made by Open Range before they were sold to Thor or whoever is buying everyone out and changing the quality. The only reason we wanted something new, was for the toy hauler. Serious buyer remorse.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567