Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thumbs up Loud Popping noise from axle area

I have read that others are having the same loud popping sound come from their RV when turning.
    My unit is a 2017 349M. When I pulled it into the campground yesterday, my two next door neighbors came over to tell me that something had to broken because it made so much noise. Does anyone else question how you can spend over $70,000.00 for an RV and be embarrassed to pull it into a campground because it sounds like it is going to fall apart?

I have talked to my dealers technician and he said it is normal. I am taking it in again for them to look at it. If it gets corrected, I'll let everyone here know what they can do to get theirs fixed. If it isn't corrected, I'll let everyone know they should buy a different brand of RV.

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by weednotgrass View Post
    I have read that others are having the same loud popping sound come from their RV when turning.
    My unit is a 2017 349M. When I pulled it into the campground yesterday, my two next door neighbors came over to tell me that something had to broken because it made so much noise. Does anyone else question how you can spend over $70,000.00 for an RV and be embarrassed to pull it into a campground because it sounds like it is going to fall apart?

I have talked to my dealers technician and he said it is normal. I am taking it in again for them to look at it. If it gets corrected, I'll let everyone here know what they can do to get theirs fixed. If it isn't corrected, I'll let everyone know they should buy a different brand of RV.
    Really, because it makes a noise it's a bad product?

Our Reflection also makes noise when backing/turning. As you were told, it's fairly normal. Annoying? Probably. Bad? Not necessarily.

2017 Reflection 26RL "Mili"
    2016 Ford F250 Extended Cab Gas Engine "Buck" (the truck)

Site Sponsor Gold Country Livin''s Avatar
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There has been many posts describing those noises and most appear to be normal.

My Reflection does, my older Keystone did..........Even I make some of those noises when I get up and roll out of bed but the wife has not yet determined that she needs to buy another model.....yet! Could be related to the Clorox bleach I already drank.

I think it's a little harsh to generically state to buy another brand, especially since its a LCI frame & suspension, not a GD frame.
    2016 GMC 2500 HD Denali Crew Cab 4x4 Duramax
    2017 Reflection 303 RLS #13156 3/2017
    B & W turnover ball with Andersen Ultimate
    Disc Brakes
    TireTraker TT-505 tpms

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah really, suggest to buy another brand when almost every tandem axle with leaf springs makes that sound? Good luck with that.
    Curtis, Christine, Cole, and Charlotte

2007 Chevrolet Silverado Duramax LBZ, CCLB
    2020 Momentum 351M

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have owned tandem axel trailers in the past and I understand normal noises that come from moving a trailer. The amount of noise that my new trailer makes, is very concerning. The point I was trying to make is, if they fix mine, I would pass on the information for others benefit. If they can't fix it, I'll go back to my previous brand which does not sound like it is falling apart. I expect they will fix it but who knows.

Sent from my MHA-L29 using Tapatalk