User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Adding Sissor Jacks Permanently

I had a friend wield my jacks under my RV for stabilization. He first wielded a angle iron to the jacks, then wielded the whole thing to the body frame. The ones that came on my RV isn't worth a crap. So I added two in the front, two in the middle and two at the rear. Now I just pull up and use my drill and lower them down on my boards and now my RV is good to go.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails RV Jacks 19-1.jpg   RV Jacks 12-1.jpg   RV Jacks 08-1.jpg   RV Jacks 06-1.jpg   RV Jacks 05-1.jpg  

James & Kimberly
    (with Long Hair Chihuahuas Riley, Mia and Skylar)
    2017 Reflection 315RLTS
    2013 F-150 EcoBoost 4x4 Crewcab with Max Tow and Heavy Payload pkgs
    Moore, Oklahoma
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]<strike></strike>

King Pin
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    That looks like a nice clean install. It looks like you left the electric stabilizer jacks in place too?

Jim

kamadeca
    Quote Originally Posted by JLW+KLW View Post
    I had a friend wield my jacks under my RV for stabilization. He first wielded a angle iron to the jacks, then wielded the whole thing to the body frame. The ones that came on my RV isn't worth a crap. So I added two in the front, two in the middle and two at the rear. Now I just pull up and use my drill and lower them down on my boards and now my RV is good to go.
    I hope you mean you are good to "stay", not "go"!

Nice solution by the way.

Malcolm

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I added a set about 2' behind the rear axle. The electric ones are just not up to snuff to stabilize the camper. After I set the ones I installed, I raise the tongue jack some to add some load, then run the electric ones down. Seems to do the trick.
    Robert/Sandy/Lily (mini Yorkie)
    2015 Grand Design 313RLTS
    2008 Dodge 2500 Cummins (modified)
    Past units: 85 Holiday Rambler TT, 88 Jayco 5th wheel, 91 Avion 5th wheel, 94 Hitchhiker 5th wheel, 2000 Discovery motorhome, 2001 Mountain Aire motorhome, 2005 42' Travel Supreme motorhome, 2014 Outback TT

http://i.imgur.com/cie9h38.jpg

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I fastened two to my back bumper. They help take the shake out when washer goes into spin cycle. On my 379 washer is in back corner
    2018 Freedom Elite 24FE, 2 Yorkies, and my wife MARILYN, HAM call K0LCB. Traveling around this great country, making friends and seeing lot of beautiful and interesting places

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks everyone. I did leave the original ones on. I can put them down if I want, but probably not since the jacks are there. The RV still wiggled when they were down. This is why I went with scissor jacks. I had them on my old Dutchman and it worked.
    James & Kimberly
    (with Long Hair Chihuahuas Riley, Mia and Skylar)
    2017 Reflection 315RLTS
    2013 F-150 EcoBoost 4x4 Crewcab with Max Tow and Heavy Payload pkgs
    Moore, Oklahoma
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]<strike></strike>

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I wonder how scissor jacks would compare to LCI electric stabilizers with SteadyFast or JT Strong Arms. I really want to do something with my 2018 we have lots of movement and if I put any weight at all on the LCI jacks they make an odd ping noise. They seem to be a garbage product.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by goldsp8 View Post
    I added a set about 2' behind the rear axle. The electric ones are just not up to snuff to stabilize the camper. After I set the ones I installed, I raise the tongue jack some to add some load, then run the electric ones down. Seems to do the trick.
    Interesting so the scissor jacks you installed you actually put them right behind the axles? How far up do you raise the tongue jack to add weight to them?