Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

BBQ / Propane Questions.....................

We have a new 2670MK Imagine. It has the outside kitchen. I want to be able to run my BBQ from the Quick Disconnect outlet for the stove. I found the fitting and hooked it up, but the amount of gas flowing is barely enough to keep it lit. I just realized that this line has a regulator on it, and so does my BBQ grill. I am assuming that this dual regulator situation is what is causing my low pressure problem. Anybody tried this and figured out a way around it ??

Thanks in advance for your help.

Happy Mothers Day to all the Mothers out there !

M

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    CW sells an unregulated QD gas valve you can retrofit your BBQ with. I did it my previous TT and table top BBQ. Another forum I belong to had a How To thread about it.
    Here is a youtube video an the subject:
    Here is a link to the thread on the Keystone Forums. http://www.keystoneforums.com/forums...ead.php?t=9739

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    On my 376TH it has an outside stove in the rear. There is a gas line quick connect on the chassis under it to tie into the propane system. The propane system has a regulator coming off the tanks. I took the hose off the stove, connected it my gas grill and use the quick connect under the trailer for propane. I did not even use the hose that came with the grill, the one that has a regulator on it.

Once you have a regulator between the tanks and device you are good to go.

Dallas

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Apparently my grill, which I love, is a different animal than most BBQ's. Since it is a Grill2go Infrared Grill it requires High Pressure propane to use it. So the Control unit that adjusts the temp on the grill is just that, there is no regulator in the system. Our stoves run on Low pressure propane, so that is what is run to the back of the rig, BUMMER. Back to the little green things............................

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GD MIKE View Post
    Grill2go Infrared Grill it requires High Pressure propane to use it. (
    That statement caught my interest. I googled Grill2go. Came up with model 200. What I observed was the regulator built into the flame control knob. The grill I am tying directly to the propane system have the control knobs separate from the regulator.

You can get this Hose Adapter and connect directly to one of the big propane bottles. That's what I did before I got my new 376TH.

Dallas

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by D2Reid View Post
    That statement caught my interest. I googled Grill2go. Came up with model 200. What I observed was the regulator built into the flame control knob. The grill I am tying directly to the propane system have the control knobs separate from the regulator.

You can get this Hose Adapter and connect directly to one of the big propane bottles. That's what I did before I got my new 376TH.

Dallas
    Yep, that and a tee fitting that goes between the RV propane tank and the RV regulator like this one https://www.amazon.com/Stanbroil-Pro...ne+tee+adapter

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If your grill uses high pressure LP, you're out of luck. You'll have to use a LP cylinder without a regulator. (I've never heard of a high pressure appliance.) All the RV's I've seen have the regulator at the tank.

Even the natural gas lines in your house are running low pressure.

I have an optional gas grill and swing out bumper grill mount on my 323BHS, and it hooks up to a port under my trailer's belly.

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If your grill uses high pressure LP, you're out of luck. You'll have to use a LP cylinder without a regulator. (I've never heard of a high pressure appliance.) All the RV's I've seen have the regulator at the tank.

Even the natural gas lines in your house are running low pressure.

I have an optional gas grill and swing out bumper grill mount on my 323BHS, and it hooks up to a port under my trailer's belly.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bamaman View Post
    (I've never heard of a high pressure appliance.)
    Guess y'all don't boil seafood in Bama.
    Steve
    2017 F350 6.7 Lariat DRW
    2017 Momentum 388M
    North of Houston

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Your trailer has a regulator and your grill has a regulator so your trying to pass through both not creating the pressure needed to run one. If you know a gas fitter he can help you out.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast