Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How much room with slides in

Am interested in the Reflection 303RLS. How much, if any, room is there to move around with the slides fully in (as if you are traveling and stop at rest area for something). When trailer is parked at my house, there would be limited room to extend slides unless we moved the trailer. Per the wife, this may be a deal breaker if she can't get to certain things/areas. Any replies are much appreciated.

Hopefully a new Reflection owner, but wife must approve first.

Thanks,
    Don

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Welcome to the forum luckeyd1. I'm sure some of the 303RLS owners will be by shortly to answer your question.

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have a Reflection 337, similar to the 303 but larger. With the slides in you can get to the refrig., front kitchen cabinets, bath, and bedroom. I do not know of any trailers with 2 living area slides where you can get into the main living space or all of the kitchen with the slides in. In many you cannot get to the refrig. either.

Love the Reflection..Robert
    Robert & Sheila, Amarillo, TX
    2013 F250 short bed crew cab, diesel, 4X4, Firestone air bags
    2014 Reflection 337, Michelin XPS Ribs, Anderson Ultimate Fifth wheel hitch

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cgoodnight View Post
    I have a Reflection 337, similar to the 303 but larger. With the slides in you can get to the refrig., front kitchen cabinets, bath, and bedroom. I do not know of any trailers with 2 living area slides where you can get into the main living space or all of the kitchen with the slides in. In many you cannot get to the refrig. either.

Love the Reflection..Robert
    I have the 303. What he said!
    Floyd - Lake Tenkiller, OK (and occasionally Okla City)
    2014 Reflection 303RLS #9
    2020 Transend Xplor 221RB
    2016 F150 SuperCrew EcoBoost w/HDPP and MaxTow

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We have a 303RLS. We have to park on the street to pack and unpack, so access with slides in was very important to us.

With the slides in, you can access: refrigerator and freezer, upper right hutch cabinet, lower right hutch cabinet (perfect size for canned goods), right hutch drawer, linen closet in bathroom, left door into larger (middle) closet, door into right closet (only partially if you add the height of both a residential mattress and 4" foam topper), both nightstands, cabinets above bed, all of the bathroom.

Our first trip we had lots of stuff to load so we put the curb side slide out about halfway and put stuff in the middle of the living room. If you are nimble, you can climb over the dinette/chairs and get there with slides in.

With a little preplanning (like bread in the upper right hutch cabinet and knife/plastic silver in the right drawer), you can stop for lunch.

We just completed a 5 week trip, and had no problem finding accessible places to put everything to unload without opening slides. Of course at the end of the trip there usually isn't as much beer to unload In our previous trailer (just one slide, rear door) we could access everything except our pantry, so I am used to packing food in a couple of boxes. It keeps you from taking too much food (sometimes), and actually was easier in the Reflection. Making the bed (or unmaking the bed) is impossible with slides in.

We looked for close to a year to find something in our length, weight and access requirements. Like cgoodnight said, with 2 slides it is nearly impossible to get to the main living area. We do really like the extra room when set up.

Kay & Dave - Virginia Beach, VA
    Golden Retriever Molly - Been swimming in 28 states
    2019 Solitude 310GK
    2019 GMC Denali CC/LB SRW
    Previous rig: 2014 Reflection 303RLS #314 and 2008 Silverado 2500 D/A

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks 2hams, that is exactly the kind of information I was looking for. By the way, live in VA BCH also, out by Stumpy Lake.

Don

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We live in Kempsville. Have our camper in storage in Deep Creek. Got stuck last Thursday putting it back in storage (I got it out with a good push while my husband was driving). Am now looking for a better storage spot. Plus our storage spot has split rail fences between storage sites, and it is VERY hard to get in the door or the basement with it parked in its spot.

We bought from Southern RV. Dodd had not yet become a dealer when we got our unit.

Kay & Dave - Virginia Beach, VA
    Golden Retriever Molly - Been swimming in 28 states
    2019 Solitude 310GK
    2019 GMC Denali CC/LB SRW
    Previous rig: 2014 Reflection 303RLS #314 and 2008 Silverado 2500 D/A