Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2950RL rear window leak

The rear window on my 2950RL has a minor leak. There is water in the track at the top of the window that drips on the back of the couch. It's only a drip. The silicone around the window looks good. Silicone around the lights and camera mount looks good. Roof sealant appears to be good except for what I can't see under the plastic trim pieces on the corners. Does anyone have any insight or experience with a similar problem? It is under warranty but I can't get it in until the end of June when I take it in for the slide recall. I'd fix it if I knew what to fix.
    Phil & Clisty Porter
    Indianola, IA
    2015 Silverado 2500HD
    2017 Imagine 2950RL

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You may want to check your weep holes. The weep holes in the outer portion of the window frame should be open and free of obstructions. There will be weep holes at the top of the window that should have little black rubber/plastic plugs installed and the bottom ones should be open for drainage. Good luck!
    The Adams - 2017 Reflection 367BHS, 2019 F-350 6.7L PSD 4x4 CC DRW, B&W hitch on Ford pucks, Air Lift Loadlifter 5000 Ultimate Plus air bags, "Rupert" the Weimaraner.

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Condensation?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Weep holes are open at the bottom and the top plugs are in. The water is coming from the top frame/window track.
    Phil & Clisty Porter
    Indianola, IA
    2015 Silverado 2500HD
    2017 Imagine 2950RL

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Have you thought about having someone running a garden hose over the area to see exactly where it might be coming in? Maybe you missed a spot in the caulking that looks good but isn't.

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Im having this same problem with my 29rs. Mine is a little leak that runs down my window and into the bottow track. Did you solve this issue

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As much as I hate to admit, the dealer said the window wasn't completely closed. Hasn't leaked since.
    Phil & Clisty Porter
    Indianola, IA
    2015 Silverado 2500HD
    2017 Imagine 2950RL

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That's the way the windows are, you have to close them with a little force so they click. Trying to get my wife to understsnd that.

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well... I’m 3 years late but I’m wondering if you pinpointed and found the leak?

I’ve got a 2016 Reflection 313RLTS. We’re in the Vancouver BC area for the winter and recently discovered a leak (we’re getting hammered with rain), I think may be similar to yours.

Water is dripping from a few of the screw heads located along the top of the interior clamp-ring near the center of the rear window. After removing the clamp-ring (for the second time) I noticed the edge of the (inside) Luan is wet & discoloured along the top of the window cut-out for about 10”. So my thought is the water is probably weeping into the interior via the Backup Camera wiring holes or the top clearance light wiring holes or a combination of both.

I’ll seal them up tomorrow and monitor for further leaks and report back. (It’s monsoon raining today!)

On a side note... why is it the factory uses the wrong length screws to install the windows! They used 2” #8 instead of the ones that ship with the windows 1/2” #8. Using the longer ones penetrate the screw groove causing damage to the window frame.🤬

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We had a hard driving rain push water past the plugs in the upper "weep" holes. The window has weep holes mounted top and bottom, because the window could be installed to slide one way or flipped over to slide the other way. The upper holes have rubber plugs to block these holes, but we had to put sealant in ours and then put the plugs back in and some sealant over the plugs. This solved the problem and has not been an issue for 3 years now.
    2018 Imagine 2950 RL. Upgrades: MaxxAir Fans and vent covers, rear view camera, slide toppers, A/C Silencer.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast