I read in this forum, about a year ago, where a forum member redesigned his control panel. No offense, but Grand Design needs to lay out the control panel better.

I first installed the See Level II, by Garnett Industries, in preparation of the new panel. This system replaces those ineffective and inaccurate 4 LED light system. A sensor is applied to the tank and it displays the % that the tank is full (in the picture I pushed the grey water so you could see that it was 67% full). It is so accurate. The blue light indicates that the pump is on. I also installed a blue light outside by the switch on the Nautilus Panel. Additionally I installed a See Level II remote panel by the nautilus Panel

The time came and I sat down to design the panel. I wanted to group items together in a way that it would make sense. I put boxes around them, so they did not appear to float in space. I like the idea of placing the light and switch together for the awning. Lastly, I labelled the slides by the room names.

The panel is on powder-coated 4mm aluminum. Everything, except the logo was milled and infilled with a white or red ink. I used the logo that GD places on their website and manipulated it in photoshop. I sent it as a 300 dpi file. They matched the colors and printed it on the panel. I was leary, but the final logo printed on the panel came out far greater than my expectations.

I took a picture of the wiring of a switch, then removed it and placed it in the panel. I did one at a time. I had to add a piece of wire and extend 2 wires, due to me placing them farther apart. Two of the grounds had to be switched, again due to the new placement. The hardest thing was that the DSI FLT LED is glued in by Grand Design. It was a bugger to get out, but with patience...

The program I used was Front Panel Design by Front Panel Express. It is a CAD program and you can check the pricing as you build the panel. Each item is charged-- for example, my mounting holes cost 26 cents each to be drilled. You upload the file and give a credit card and 8 days later, it is on your doorstep. Loved the process and the company. One might say it is a bit pricey, don't care as it is customized and the factory tank level monitoring system is no more- plus I got a beautiful logo process. Its total cost was $198. Well just another cost, of many, for my baby!!!

I also included a picture of the entire cabinet, as I added a switch (separating the upper and lower cabinet lights), an Onan generator remote switch, and my solar monitor.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Panel 1.jpg 
Views:	143 
Size:	90.0 KB 
ID:	8393Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Panel 2.jpg 
Views:	130 
Size:	91.6 KB 
ID:	8394