User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

376TH Lift A Bed Switch wire identification and garage vent fan installation

I am in the process of installing a 12v vent fan in the garage of my new 376TH. It will live in the wall space between the garage vent inner right rear, and the external vent.

I have disconnected the Lift A bed mechanism (1 bolt on the bar), I won't be using it. My task is to mount and wire a 12v fan and switch using the 12v wiring from the lift a bed. The idea being it will draw air through the garage vent and force it out the external grate.

First question is, can anyone think of a reason why this would be a bad idea?

Next is a challenge to all the electrician types, looking at the picture it appears to me the blue wire (attached to the switches red wire) is a positive 12v wire and the white wire (attached to the switches black wire) is a 12v negative wire.

This is a kind of proof of concept installation. Nothing major or permanent. If the $10 fan does the trick it will be replaced by a marine grade fan later on. I don't want to put to much of a burden on the 12v system, boondocking is in our future.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	LiftABedMotorSwitchWires.jpg 
Views:	16 
Size:	78.2 KB 
ID:	8411

Dallas

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Dallas, if I were to guess, I would say the red and white wire in the wall are the hot side of the switch (if that is what you are asking.) That is the typical wire colors and look of the runs from the fuse panel regardless of the colors on the switch. The blue and white probably reverse polarity for the bed up and down operation depending on the switch position.
    Jim (& Sharon)
    2015 GD Momentum 385TH - SOLD
    For Sale - 2015 Ford F-350 DRW 4x4 Lariat w/ AirLift bags, Titan 65 gal. OEM replacement fuel tank.
    The toy:
    2017 RZR XP 1000 EPS SE

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks Jim!