User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    After flushing the black tank are you adding anything to assist in breaking down solids and toilet paper? We use this
    https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0006GF5SK/
    I drop one packet into the toilet after tanks are emptied. After dropping it into the toilet I flush the toilet for about 10 seconds to add some water to the tank.

I also use the black tank flush after every dump. I let it run for several minutes and watch the clear elbow at the outlet to make sure clean water is flowing. Sometimes I'll flush for 10 minutes if I have time.
    Jerry & Linda
    Emma & Abby our Mini Golden Doodles & JR our Amazon Parrot
    2017 Reflection 337RLS, Build Date 01/2017, Titan Disk Brakes, Goodyear G614s 235/85/16 G Rated tires
    2022 F-450 King Ranch Ultimate, 4,868 lb Payload, Bedrug Bedliner, Andersen Ultimate II Aluminum 5th wheel hitch
    http://visitedstatesmap.com/image/FLGANCSCsm.jpg

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Deleted duplicate.
    Last edited by Jerryr; 05-21-2017 at 08:38 PM. Reason: Duplicate
    Jerry & Linda
    Emma & Abby our Mini Golden Doodles & JR our Amazon Parrot
    2017 Reflection 337RLS, Build Date 01/2017, Titan Disk Brakes, Goodyear G614s 235/85/16 G Rated tires
    2022 F-450 King Ranch Ultimate, 4,868 lb Payload, Bedrug Bedliner, Andersen Ultimate II Aluminum 5th wheel hitch
    http://visitedstatesmap.com/image/FLGANCSCsm.jpg

Mentioned
    136 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by marklathrope View Post
    Thanks everyone for all the help an advice on this issue today! You were of course all correct!! I purchased the Flush King and after performing a couple of flushes all is well!! I do think we are going to have to adjust the amount of water we put into the tank, I think we both were stepping on the pedal for maybe 3-4 seconds, definitely not long enough it seems. I found the Flush King easy to use and it definitely made the flushing easy to complete vs. the method I was originally considering for unblocking the tank.

Thanks again for all your help and advice!!

Mark
    Glad you got it figured out without a big mess. After i get my black tanks completely empty, i use the black tank flush to fill them to 1/3 with fresh water. I prefer to be excessive with the water vice not enough, never had any issues with this method. I realize that doesnt work for everyone depending on the camping situation (boon docking, no sewer h/u, etc.) Whatever you choose, make sure you at least dump a few toilet bowls worth of water in the tank before using at a minimum.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
    2023 Momentum 398M-R
    2023 Ford F-450

SOLD - 2021 Reflection 311BHS
    SOLD - 2017 Momentum 399TH

We Have a Great Site Team WhittleBurner's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    When we bought our first trailer we read as much as we could to learn as much as could about using trailers properly. One thing that stood out was the recommendation to fill the black tank before dumping. If you don't have full hookups at your site, then that drive to the dumps with a full tank will help to dislodge the waste so you can get out as much as possible. Also with a full tank their will be a lot of pressure to help clear it out.
    Marcy & Gary
    2014 Grand Design - Reflection 303RLS
    2022 GMC 3500 Denali Duramax Longbed SRW
    2015 GMC Denali 3500 - Retired
    2003 F350 - retired
    Michigan
    We're in trouble now, the dog are bloggin'!
    https://3dogsandatrailer.wordpress.com/

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes this experience has definitely shown me why you need to have more liquids in the tank before trying to empty. I also added a Thetford product to assist in breaking down solids and toilet paper and a deodorizer! So a great learning experience for my first post on the forum, it is really awesome how everyone is so willing to help with their experience on this site!

Thanks!
    Mark

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by marklathrope View Post
    Yes this experience has definitely shown me why you need to have more liquids in the tank before trying to empty. I also added a Thetford product to assist in breaking down solids and toilet paper and a deodorizer! So a great learning experience for my first post on the forum, it is really awesome how everyone is so willing to help with their experience on this site!

Thanks!
    Mark
    We've started dumping just before hitching up to leave our site (or at the dump station in non-sewer hookup locations). Then putting in more water along with the blue (think it's Thetford) product as well as some Dawn dishwashing solution. Last time we dumped, we managed to finally get the black tank sensor down off of 2/3 full (where it's been since we bought the rig. And could actually hear the water sprayer running in the black tank this time. Took like 3 runs at this method before having final success at getting our black tank to show that it wasn't full.

2017 Reflection 26RL "Mili"
    2016 Ford F250 Extended Cab Gas Engine "Buck" (the truck)

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We would also hook up the outside shower to the black tank flush and use hot water for the last flush. Also it was useful if you have to go to dump site that didn't have water hookups to flush it a couple times with cold water and the last flush using the hot water left over in the hot water tank.
    Dennis & Ellie
    Current 2017 Newmar Ventana Class A & 1994 Airstream Excella Classic Limited Project
    Sold - 310-GK-R Delivered 28 Oct 2016
    2016 GMC Denali 1 Ton Diesel SRW Payload 3727LBS B&W Hitch

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We just returned from our weekend trip and for the first time the black tank rinse seemed to be stopped up. Not sure how well I was able to clean the tank since I could not run the rinse. Has anyone had this problem?
    Kirk & Melissa
    2016 Reflection 303RLS #4989
    2012 Ram 2500 Crew Cab Diesel
    Fort Worth, TX

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Have used our Flush King a couple times to give the Black Tank an enema when it was nearly full but only a few quarts would release when the valve was opened then nothing. Back flush with a spare garden hose via the Flush King with the FG gate valve closed and after 20 seconds reverse and the tank drains fine.
    George and Sally

2006 Ford F-550 4x4
    2017 F-450 King Ranch Dually 4X4
    2017 Grand Design Solitude 369RL, Load Range G tires added
    Three 160 Watt Solar panels up top, W/D and Dishwasher
    2006 Lance 1191 side entry truck camper, 1 slide

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The back flush was a great idea and helped us. However, it was still stuck on 3 lights. I was outside flushing for about the 4th or 5th time and my wife said she was going to watch. All of a sudden stuff started coming they the drain hose. I hollered “What did you do?!” She said she stepped on the pedal. So, we had a vapor lock thing going on. After another flushing or two, it came down to 1 light. So, we will remember this going forward. And thanks for the other tips on using plenty of water. We were afraid to because we did not want to overflow the tank.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12