Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gburmeister View Post
    Forums are new for me
    Forums are a nice tool. They often offer insight to common problems. But they are not always the absolute answer to a problem, they are shared experiences and OPINIONS. Take the good, ignore the bad, and absolutely use your own judgment in between.

Welcome to the life!
    Dallas
    2017 Momentum 376TH, 2019 Ford F450, Dual Rear Wheel, 4x4, diesel.
    2015 Harley-Davidson Street, XG750

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Fuses in the basement on the schwintek controller boards?

So basically like everyone has said in this thread, I lost 2 icons on my LCI monitor.
    (This had happened a few times in the past but luckily it started working before we had to pack up and move off the rv sites.)

I Tried rebooting the LCI. Didn’t work.
    Tried the reset pin button. Didn’t work. Icons still gone.
    Tried cutting the breaker and the red key which killed the power to the LCI monitor then rebooted it but icons were still gone.
    Nothing worked.
    After about 15 minutes of doing the above I stopped and I then went into the basement on the passenger side and removed the carpet wall cover then I took the basement panel off and found the schwintek controller boards that someone posted a picture of earlier in the thread, I literally tapped on the wires and wiggled them around (1,2,3&4) then went back into the rv to the LCI monitor and restarted the LCI monitor and the icons were still not there.

I went back into the basement to the schwintek controller boards and literally tapped on all the fuses down there.
    Nothing more.
    Nothing less, then I went back into the rv to the LCI monitor and powered it on and everything works now.

I’m gonna guess when it stopped working in the past and then started working again was probably from me stomping throughout the rv throwing stuff around in a rage which caused the vibrations in the fuses and thus started working magically again lol. The vibrations in the roads while traveling probably don’t help with keeping it working though.

There’s definitely most likely almost surely lol a problem with the fuses down there in the basement so hopefully this helps people in the future!
    Thank you everyone for all y’all’s help! Also good to know about the jumper wires with the slides too tyty!
    I woulda posted pictures but it’s not letting me.
    I registered an account just for this message cuz grand design is garbage and together we are strong I suppose.
    Ty. Rant over.

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I completely understand your frustration!

We too were held hostage by one control more than once. We were temporarily stuck at a few campgrounds not able to ready the RV for towing due to lost icons. Never really found the exact culprit but I can say we haven't had any issues in 2 years. After checking many wires and connections and only getting "lucky" in getting all icons back I believe I isolated the bad connection. Above the generator, on the ceiling there's a, for lack of a better description, a square shaped electrical device that's part of the one control system ( if need be I can look at it tomorrow and give you a better description). On this device there is a male/female connection with small gauge wires. I found that ever since I reinserted the connection I've had no issues with lost icons. I believe it was black and red wires. Take a look, hopefully that's your problem.
    Eric & Monique Cope...never left at home, our dog, Olive. Machipongo VA.
    2017 350M
    2017 F350 DRW, Crew cab, 8 ft bed, 4.10 axle. 27,500 lb. Reese Hitch
    Live by the Golden Rule!

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Eric Cope View Post
    Above the generator, on the ceiling there's a, for lack of a better description, a square shaped electrical device that's part of the one control system ( if need be I can look at it tomorrow and give you a better description). On this device there is a male/female connection with small gauge wires. I found that ever since I reinserted the connection I've had no issues with lost icons. I believe it was black and red wires. Take a look, hopefully that's your problem.
    Those are called Canbus network wires. Unplugging and re-inserting them was the original "fix" for the disappearing icons. I think LCI got a little better quality wire set after 2017, the problem isn't as common as it used to be.
    Dallas
    2017 Momentum 376TH, 2019 Ford F450, Dual Rear Wheel, 4x4, diesel.
    2015 Harley-Davidson Street, XG750

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Grateful for this thread. Had exact same symptom (losing 2 of the 6 icons) on my 2018 Momentum 350M.
    Also tried all the rebooting methods as well as re-inserting the canbus connectors from the front access component (from devices behind and above the generator).
    Took me a while to trace down the issue which was located in the main control board inside the basement - it came down to one of the canbus wires being pinned in between the carpet access panel and a screw that screws down the basement board. From the look of it definitely from when it was manufactured whoever closed up the access panel as last touch did not pay attention to the wiring The problem probably didn't manifest itself until the tugging and pinching have gotten bad enough to trigger the problem.
    After I relieved the tug and reconnected all the canbus connectors (just in case), turned on the power with the red key, and all the icons are back.
    I have since loosely ziptied the bundle of wires together just in case.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	PXL_20230322_205059655.jpg 
Views:	6 
Size:	96.6 KB 
ID:	45503

Name:	PXL_20230322_205042495.jpg 
Views:	6 
Size:	86.2 KB 
ID:	45504

Name:	PXL_20230322_210307488.MP.jpg