User Tag List

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

LCI MyRv Disappearing Icons

I went to turn the kitchen light on at the MyRv control panel and there was only one light listed on the screen.

Went to the home page and the leveling icon was gone.

I opened my phone app, same condition.

I found the power down and reboot pages, rebooted the system, it all came back.

This brings up some basic questions.

1. What causes the device to "forget" it's settings?

2. What is the best method of initial resetting of the system?

3. How do I determine if a fuse is blown or the system "forgot" itself?

4. Is there a consumer update procedure to update the software in the system?

Dallas

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I contacted LCI via email and their response was to email me the manuals for the system. I had already downloaded them from the net but appreciated the effort.

It was a really good unfulfilling response.

I guess I am not conveying the problem correctly.

Here is a picture of my normal LCI MyRv control screen.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	MyRv2f.jpg 
Views:	80 
Size:	54.1 KB 
ID:	8498

6 icons, sub level icons have more also.

When the problem occurs my screen looks like this:

Name:	MYRV1f.jpg 
Views:	69 
Size:	37.0 KB 
ID:	8499

4 Icons and the sublevel Icons don't have all of the expected options.

There was no way to turn off the LR lights as that listing had disappeared.

I rebooted the system a couple of times. It eventually came back to normal and I was able to turn the lights off before I went to bed.

Has anyone else experienced this?

I will continue to keep working with LCI to resolve this. If after a couple of more attempts they are still not wanting to understand I will contact GD to see if they can speak LCI language enough to communicate the problem.

At this time it is an annoyance, but it does have the potential of becoming a catastrophe.

Dallas

Mentioned
    136 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ive had this happen once on the controller in the RV; i turned off my converter breaker and shut off 12V with the disconnect switch. I restored power after that and it rebooted and worked correctly. Sometimes it happens when using the OneControl app on my phone; i restart the app and it works.

If it happens on your main controller, you should still be able to use the phone app as a backup (i think), im not exactly sure which component the phone app is connecting to.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
    2023 Momentum 398M-R
    2023 Ford F-450

SOLD - 2021 Reflection 311BHS
    SOLD - 2017 Momentum 399TH

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FT4NOW View Post
    Ive had this happen once on the controller in the RV; i turned off my converter breaker and shut off 12V with the disconnect switch. I restored power after that and it rebooted and worked correctly. Sometimes it happens when using the OneControl app on my phone; i restart the app and it works.

If it happens on your main controller, you should still be able to use the phone app as a backup (i think), im not exactly sure which component the phone app is connecting to.

I rebooted the control panel, sometimes that works sometimes not. I will keep after LCI to see if they can share knowledge, I am sure there response will be take it to a shop. That is a huge hassle for us. The phone app reflected the condition of the controller. The icons that were missing on the controller were missing on the phone app.

The DC power reboot is probably the answer. I need to read more about their wireless transmitter.

Dallas

Mentioned
    136 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by D2Reid View Post
    I rebooted the control panel, sometimes that works sometimes not. I will keep after LCI to see if they can share knowledge, I am sure there response will be take it to a shop. That is a huge hassle for us. The phone app reflected the condition of the controller. The icons that were missing on the controller were missing on the phone app.

The DC power reboot is probably the answer. I need to read more about their wireless transmitter.

Dallas
    Let us know if LCI gives any additional assistance. Im sure as this is standard on 2017 and up Momentums (not sure of the other lines), this will happen to some others at some point. It wouldn't be as bad if there were backup switches for everything. Im considering taking on that project at some point; certainly not at the top of my to-do list right now.

2023 Momentum 398M-R
    2023 Ford F-450

SOLD - 2021 Reflection 311BHS
    SOLD - 2017 Momentum 399TH

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    LCI is being supportive.

It is an intermittent problem. If it would just break and stay broken it would be easy to fix. But it breaks for a little bit then comes back. It doesn't happen often enough that I can demonstrate the problem to a technician. So for now I am going to wait and see. I suspect the resolution will be a component swap and I will never know why it is doing what it is doing.

Dallas

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That happened to us this weekend. Lost our slide control and genny icon when we were packing up to leave. Could not turn genny off or slide in. Same on all three phones. Rebooted three times and shut down power twice. Finally came back. Our main issue when buy a Momentum.
    2007 Volvo 780 VNL Trailersaver Hitch
    2017 Momentum 397th
    2015 Polaris RZR 900S Voodoo Blue
    2017 Polaris RZR S1000 Matte Black
    2019 Polaris RZR S1000 Titanium Matte
    3 Yamaha Banshee's 2-Honda 400 EX's
    Honda 250EX 2016 Polaris Outlaw 110 EFI

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Got home late last night. Problem had resurfaced. Couldn't turn on any lights. Started thinking about our move next week. No slide controls. No level up controls. Without the system working our beautiful 376TH is inert. So this problem has gone from an annoyance to it has to get fixed.

I called LCI, they suggested I check the Canbus connectors. It is also important to note which icons are disappearing, there are a couple of different components and by noting witch icons are gone they may be able to tell which component it is. They have a case file open for me, they are willing to pay for the repair once the problem is identified.

Called my dealer. We are currently 1300 miles away from them but they are nice people. I mainly wanted to see if they had any ideas on how to trouble shoot it. It's a pretty new system and they have only seen 3 of them. Nada!

I called GD and got transferred to voice mail. I left a detailed message with Mitch. I know there is nothing they can physically do, just wanted to brainstorm with some one who knows the system.

The biggest problem is you can't fix it until it is broke. The only time you can diagnose it is when it is not functioning correctly. But it comes and goes too quickly. You would just about have to have a knowledgeable tech living next door to catch the problem. If I take it to a repair facility and it's working there would be very little they can do. If it's not working I can't take it anywhere because the slides won't work. This could get interesting.

So I found the component boards. GD made a nice access panel that makes it easy to reach the components. I checked all the canbus connectors to make sure they are seated and to make sure the wire tips are firmly in place.

Now I wait for the next outage.

Dallas

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Dallas, maybe we can try some things here...Not sure how much will help, but at least we're brainstorming. I'm guessing from your description your losing some not all devices
    If you unplug a canbus connector for a device, do you get the same result in loss of icons

Is the canbus daisy chained (plugs in to one device then to the next)

If so, where in the daisy chain do you lose the icons?

I haven't really seen this system before, but have seen our card access systems that work on similar principal. IF it is daisy chained, I'm wondering if one module takes out others down the line. Now if it's not daisy chained, I think were back to square one, but I think would point to the main board.
    Curtis, Christine, Cole, and Charlotte

2007 Chevrolet Silverado Duramax LBZ, CCLB
    2020 Momentum 351M

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    OffToHavsu, (Curtis), I think you may have a good idea. I hadn't thought of trying to duplicate the problem.

Name:	NumberedCanbus.jpg 
Views:	117 
Size:	100.1 KB 
ID:	8801

Here is a picture of the panel. Now for some testing....

Dallas

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast