User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Gadget 57

New Momentum owner

Purchased a Momentum 385 at Fort worth Tx. RV show. I am a full timer and have been looking at toy haulers for over 3 years. I thought I had my mind made up, on another model, but wanted to look at them all 1 more time. I literally stumbled up on the momentum and immediately made my mind up. There was a rep there (wish I was better with names) that went out of his way to answer every question I had, and I'm sure I asked some of them twice.

I pick it up on Friday. Reading reviews on proper ways to tie down my Ultra. Will load it and golf cart up and go to Midland

Haven't figured out how to insert sig. line yet.
    2013 GMC 3500
    2014 Momentum 385
    2010 HD Ultra Classic
    Golf cart

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: New Momentum owner

Hi there Gadget and welcome to the forums!

If you go to the top of the website, you'll see a list of click-able words: Home Help Search and Profile. Put your mouse over Profile and a drop-down menu appears. Slide down and click on Forum Profile. You'll find the option to type in a Signature.

BTW, congrats on your Momentum. It's really a beautiful toy-hauler!
    Renee & Bill -- Central Louisiana
    2014 Solitude 305RE #404
    2007 F250

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Welcome to the forum Gadget!

Site Sponsor Long Island Happy Camper's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Gadget 57. Congratulations on the Momentum 385. What height is your golf cart? I noticed there is only 76 inches of space under the happijack system on my Momentum 385 and I am in the process of having a golf cart custom built. I was told I couldn't do a 6 inch lift with 12 inch wheels because it would be to tall. I am probably going to do a 3 inch lift with 10 inch tires so I have clearance when I pull into the garage.
    Jeff - Long Island - New York
    2014 Grand Design Momentum 385TH #5
    2011 Ford F-350 6.7 Duallie Golden Bronze Metallic
    Reese 20K Select Hitch
    TST flow through tire pressure monitor
    Firestone Ride Rite Air-Bags

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Welcome "57"
    Found ours same way. Had our minds set on another brand, but as soon as we seen the "GD" products we were sold.
    Good luck and have fun
    Shamu

Gadget 57

[quote author=Long Island Happy Camper link=topic=254.msg1598#msg1598 date=1389654971]
    Gadget 57. Congratulations on the Momentum 385. What height is your golf cart? I noticed there is only 76 inches of space under the happijack system on my Momentum 385 and I am in the process of having a golf cart custom built. I was told I couldn't do a 6 inch lift with 12 inch wheels because it would be to tall. I am probably going to do a 3 inch lift with 10 inch tires so I have clearance when I pull into the garage.
    [/quote]

Mine is 10" wheels with a 3" lift

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Did you put knobby tires or low profile tires? I just want to make sure I have the clearance when it comes up the ramp and fits under the happijack system.

PS I am the same as Shamu. I was trying to decide between the Cyclone 4100 King and the Raptor 381 before I found the Momentum at the Hershey RV show. I was sold the second I saw the Momentum. At that time the 385th was only in prototype but we decided to order it based on a spec sheet that Marc Hauser showed to me. Actually it was my wife who jumped head over heels when she saw the florplan. Thats how I ended up with the 5th Momentum 385 built.
    Reese 20K Select Hitch

Gadget 57

[quote author=Long Island Happy Camper link=topic=254.msg1613#msg1613 date=1389715348]
    Did you put knobby tires or low profile tires? I just want to make sure I have the clearance when it comes up the ramp and fits under the happijack system.

PS I am the same as Shamu. I was trying to decide between the Cyclone 4100 King and the Raptor 381 before I found the Momentum at the Hershey RV show. I was sold the second I saw the Momentum. At that time the 385th was only in prototype but we decided to order it based on a spec sheet that Marc Hauser showed to me. Actually it was my wife who jumped head over heels when she saw the florplan. Thats how I ended up with the 5th Momentum 385 built.
    [/quote]

I have knobbys and it is 69 1/2" tall

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Have you parked it in the garage of the Momentum yet?
    Reese 20K Select Hitch

Gadget 57

[quote author=Long Island Happy Camper link=topic=254.msg1616#msg1616 date=1389726089]
    Have you parked it in the garage of the Momentum yet?
    [/quote]

I'm picking it up Friday and will load everything this weekend

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast