User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Pick up of New Solitude 379 FLS Delayed Again

Long story short, I was originally supposed to do my PDI on May 9th; I got the phone call on the 8th that one of the slide toppers I was getting installed by the dealer was missing some hardware. I actually did do my PDI on May 18th. To be fair, things looked very good overall. I did have a few blinds that weren't opening all the way and a couple of loose screws, but all in all, the unit looked great.

Now for the show stopper, the other issue we had was that all of the waste water valves were frozen in place. The 2017 379FLS has 3 cable driven valves (2 gray and one black); the black was stuck open and both gray were stuck closed. Looked like a fair bit of corrosion on the assembly by the handles. Unfortunately, parts not available to fix, so targeting to be ready Wednesday the 24th. I am hoping Grand Design can get them the parts on time to salvage my Memorial Day weekend. I did send an email to Grand Design's customer service begging them to expedite parts, so fingers crossed.
    2017 Ford F350 Platinum 6.7L PowerStroke DRW
    2017 Solitude 379FLS

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That's a real bummer! I hope they get all the bugs worked out for you
    2018 Freedom Elite 24FE, 2 Yorkies, and my wife MARILYN, HAM call K0LCB. Traveling around this great country, making friends and seeing lot of beautiful and interesting places

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Trying again this Friday. Cutting things close for the Memorial Day weekend, but, I am hopeful things will be ready this time. I am really looking forward to feeling the difference from pulling a 24' travel trailer. First campsite is a back in, so I will be put to the test right away.
    2017 Ford F350 Platinum 6.7L PowerStroke DRW
    2017 Solitude 379FLS