Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

New member not owner oh GD....YET

I joined this forum and really enjoy all the good information on it. We bought an older Montana 2850rk a couple of years ago to see if this is something we wanted to do. After taking a trip from Washington state to Zion national park in Utah and back home along coast to see redwoods, along with stops in California to visit kids, I wish we would have purchased a newer unit. Our neighbors have a reflection 337 and are real happy with it. We haven't been able to go to any dealers yet, lots of reasons, but really like features on reflection 303. My question is, do any owners of the 303 have any concern about lack of full closet in bedroom. My wife really likes the full closet in our Montana. Thanks for any replies to this.
    Eldon

King Pin
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Welcome to the forum Eldon. I don't have a 303, but there are many members on here who will likely see your question and respond.

Jim

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eldonj View Post
    I joined this forum and really enjoy all the good information on it. We bought an older Montana 2850rk a couple of years ago to see if this is something we wanted to do. After taking a trip from Washington state to Zion national park in Utah and back home along coast to see redwoods, along with stops in California to visit kids, I wish we would have purchased a newer unit. Our neighbors have a reflection 337 and are real happy with it. We haven't been able to go to any dealers yet, lots of reasons, but really like features on reflection 303. My question is, do any owners of the 303 have any concern about lack of full closet in bedroom. My wife really likes the full closet in our Montana. Thanks for any replies to this.
    Eldon
    We just went on our third weekend trip, we put the hanging cloths in the double closet, dirty cloths in the single, undies in the drawer and jeans/shorts above the bed. We would have like a front closet but we just liked the other features of the 303 more.
    Joe & Dee
    Ontario, Ohio
    2018 Chevy 3500HD LTZ Duramax Crew Cab SRW Short Bed Payload 3523#
    2019 Reflection 337RLS bought February 2019 Dry Pin Weight = 2,320#, UVW = 11,100#
    Hitch - PullRite Super Glide 2700 - 16K
    Bed Cover - Roll-N-Lock
    TPMS - Tire Tracker TT-500 (non flow thru)
    Rear Observation Camera - Rear View Safety model RVS-155W-FB (2400-2500MHZ)

2017 303RLS bought April 2017 / Traded February 2019

Map represents States visited with our 303RLS /337RLS

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Can't speak for the 303 directly. I do have a lot of experience with downsizing. The reality is we tend to hang on to more than what we need, just in case. When we moved into our new Momentum I finally gave up my suits, just no room for them. On the other hand I hadn't worn any of them in 5 years. Lots of other stuff got a one way ride to Good Will also.

If you are ready for change you will find a way to make it work.

Anyone have a use for a 70's era tie dye t-shirt. DW has put it on the hit list, I really hate to see it go.

Dallas

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We have a 303 with the new slide design where they got rid of the 2nd hanging closet and went to drawers. We actually like it better. I guess for Full-Timing having the hanging closet might be nicer but for shorter trips as we use the unit now folded clothing is just fine... If the closet is a big issue the 337 is the 303's bigger brother. The living area is the similar but the bedroom/Bath gets bigger.
    2017 F350 Bronze Fire XLT short bed SuperCab, SRW power stroke Diesel, 3.31 rear end, 18" AT tires
    Demco hijacker autoslide hitch
    2018 303RLS VIN#: 573FR3329J3313328. Built 4/2017. Dual AC's, freestanding table/chairs
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

We Have a Great Site Team WhittleBurner's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by theclarks View Post
    We just went on our third weekend trip, we put the hanging cloths in the double closet, dirty cloths in the single, undies in the drawer and jeans/shorts above the bed. We would have like a front closet but we just liked the other features of the 303 more.
    r

We do the same with our closets, small one houses a hamper. The new design with the dresser looks nice but I don't think it's good for long term camping at least for us. If that design were there back when we purchased we likely would have made other choices. Having to house the dirty laundry in the shower is something I don't like to do. We pack the clothes in the closet fairly tight on long trips and were able to take plenty ( more than we needed) with us to FL this winter.
    Marcy & Gary
    2014 Grand Design - Reflection 303RLS
    2022 GMC 3500 Denali Duramax Longbed SRW
    2015 GMC Denali 3500 - Retired
    2003 F350 - retired
    Michigan
    We're in trouble now, the dog are bloggin'!
    https://3dogsandatrailer.wordpress.com/

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for all the input. Kind of want to stay with size of 303, did look at neighbors 337 just concerned that it's length may inhibit some of the state parks around here on Washington and Oregon coast. I think we will be more short trips and 1 longer trip per year. Going to dealer to look at 303 tomorrow, we'll see what happens. Another question if I can. TV is 2008 3500 duramax long bed, am concerned about height of truck and clearance of rails with the 15inch tires on the 303. Any commits?? Thanks again. Eldon

King Pin
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eldonj View Post
    Thanks for all the input. Kind of want to stay with size of 303, did look at neighbors 337 just concerned that it's length may inhibit some of the state parks around here on Washington and Oregon coast. I think we will be more short trips and 1 longer trip per year. Going to dealer to look at 303 tomorrow, we'll see what happens. Another question if I can. TV is 2008 3500 duramax long bed, am concerned about height of truck and clearance of rails with the 15inch tires on the 303. Any commits?? Thanks again. Eldon
    Eldon - I think GD switched to 16" rims and tires on recent versions of the 303. Can somebody confirm this?

Jim

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That's correct Jim...on the 2018 models built April 2017 and later.

https://cdn2.rvtrader.com/v1/media/5...768&quality=70

HTH,
    Kevin
    2015 Ram Laramie 3500 4x4 LB Dually Crew Cab
    6.7L I6 Cummins Turbo Diesel Engine 5th wheel Prep
    68RFE Transmission Auto Level Rear Air Suspension 3.73 gears

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kevinpo View Post
    That's correct Jim...on the 2018 models built April 2017 and later.

https://cdn2.rvtrader.com/v1/media/5...768&quality=70

HTH,
    Kevin
    Confirmed. As of April 16" tires...
    2017 F350 Bronze Fire XLT short bed SuperCab, SRW power stroke Diesel, 3.31 rear end, 18" AT tires
    Demco hijacker autoslide hitch
    2018 303RLS VIN#: 573FR3329J3313328. Built 4/2017. Dual AC's, freestanding table/chairs
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast