Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

303rls closet change for 2018

It looks like they changed the bedroom closet design for 2018. They took out a closet section for hanging clothes and added a window. This doesn't seem to me to be a good move as hanging space is very limited. Any thoughts on why they made this change?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm in agreement. We moved from an entry-level 5th wheel (Springdale 247FWRLLS) to the 2017 303RLS. Despite gaining ~5 feet in length, overall we felt we lost some storage space. We have had to rely on the bedroom closet for storage of items we had previously stored in the living area (coat closet for starters). The window would not be an acceptable trade-off for less storage space in the bedroom.

Tom
    2013 Silverado 3500HD / LWB / 2WD / Duramax-Allison
    2017 Reflection 303RLS

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Having ordered in February as a 2017 but receiving an April built 2018 we love the window and extra drawer. 2 hanging closets were a waste in our opinion and one of the first mods was going to be shelves in that cabinet. Now I don't have to. . Seriously though, no matter what decision is/was made some will not like it. We added the 2nd AC so having the window adds additional light and cross ventilation that was not in that bedroom before.... Also our fist trip out required heat. The dresser top was the perfect place for the electric space heater... of course you mileage may very....

Jim
    2017 F350 Bronze Fire XLT short bed SuperCab, SRW power stroke Diesel, 3.31 rear end, 18" AT tires
    Demco hijacker autoslide hitch
    2018 303RLS VIN#: 573FR3329J3313328. Built 4/2017. Dual AC's, freestanding table/chairs
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The ideal thing would be for GDRV to make window or hanging closet an option on all of their smaller Reflections. Since they have both designs available to them . . .

Rob
    Cate & Rob
    2015 Reflection 303RLS

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    For my wife, the hanging closet was the biggest selling point on our 27RL. If we were looking today with the new bedroom design, I'm sure we'd be looking at the competition much more closely.

Mentioned
    240 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They actually went back to the original design.

First Generation Reflections, 303 and 293, had that exact design.

They added the extra storage, after customers asked for it. Now, customers requested the extra light and cross ventilation that was there the first time.

Can't ever satisfy everyone!!
    Steve- Inventory Manager at Tom Schaeffer's RV, Shoemakersville, PA www.tomschaeffers.com
    [email protected]
    2011 RAM 3500 SRW Outdoorsman Edition 4X4, 6.7 Cummins--TWEAKED!
    2021 Reflection 310RLS

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Always wondered how the manufacturers determine what the customers want? Hidden microphones in the RV's on the sales lot?

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cate&Rob View Post
    The ideal thing would be for GDRV to make window or hanging closet an option on all of their smaller Reflections. Since they have both designs available to them . . .

Rob
    Yeah, I wish we had a second window in the bedroom (opposite the one already there). We're adding a second AC, so the vent option for "cross" ventilation is going away.

2017 Reflection 26RL "Mili"
    2016 Ford F250 Extended Cab Gas Engine "Buck" (the truck)

Mentioned
    240 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by minnow101 View Post
    Always wondered how the manufacturers determine what the customers want? Hidden microphones in the RV's on the sales lot?
    You are on a public forum that has people that work for the company on it also...

Owners also pass along requests to dealers, which in turn goes back to the manufacturers.
    Steve- Inventory Manager at Tom Schaeffer's RV, Shoemakersville, PA www.tomschaeffers.com
    [email protected]
    2011 RAM 3500 SRW Outdoorsman Edition 4X4, 6.7 Cummins--TWEAKED!
    2021 Reflection 310RLS

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by huntr70 View Post
    They actually went back to the original design.

First Generation Reflections, 303 and 293, had that exact design.

They added the extra storage, after customers asked for it. Now, customers requested the extra light and cross ventilation that was there the first time.

Can't ever satisfy everyone!!
    Steve - I thought what Carol and I have and will will call the "two drawer dresser top" design in the middle area of the slide (no window) was the first real production design ? I do recall seeing and have shared on the forum pictures of the very first 303 look with a window in the middle area as well but I thought these were a one off just a very few ? I think the current rendition is the first to have the drawer/dresser unit design in the front area of the slide or ?

Dan

Dan
    Dan & Carol
    2014 303RLS Reflection #185 (10/2013 build)
    2012 Silverado LTZ Crew Duramax 2500HD
    2700/16K Pullrite Superglide

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast