User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lack of hood fan vent

Has anyone attempted to cut in a hood fan vent to the exterior. Would have bet the farm on our 311bhs having one, until i felt the recirculated air pumping back into the trailer. Its a 10$ part, i understand we have ceiling fans in that area. It would be nice to extract the moisture and smells at the source.

Having a window below and having seen some videos of other brands being built, i dont see it having frame raising 12" up.

I looks like a simple measure of the micro vent in the rear, few pilots holes to the exterior and chainsaw away.

Am i missing something that could go sideways quickly?

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This was a major disappointment for me on our 27RL. I've thought about removing the microwave and converting it to an outside vent. Hate to void my warranty!

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We thought the same thing with our 380, but the MaxxFan is over the counter, so we use it when cooking. It does collect grease so I clean it monthly (we're full-timers).

Alan
    Alan and Kathleen
    2015 Momentum 380TH (RVD2)
    2014 Ford F350 Dually (Stormtrooper)
    2012 Honda Goldwing Navi/ABS (Land Speeder)

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes I installw

I installed a vent to the outside slide wall of my 2014 solitude.Works well in removing the smoke problem.Works better if you cook your bacon in a pan on the inside of the stove instead of the front.I have photos
    of the process and can give you step by step instructions how to do it. So don't sell your Solitude ----just solve the issue

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    at home we cook our bacon in the oven as well, works great, easy clean up. . . . . not tried it yet in our 303. . . .
    Joe & Dee
    Ontario, Ohio
    2018 Chevy 3500HD LTZ Duramax Crew Cab SRW Short Bed Payload 3523#
    2019 Reflection 337RLS bought February 2019 Dry Pin Weight = 2,320#, UVW = 11,100#
    Hitch - PullRite Super Glide 2700 - 16K
    Bed Cover - Roll-N-Lock
    TPMS - Tire Tracker TT-500 (non flow thru)
    Rear Observation Camera - Rear View Safety model RVS-155W-FB (2400-2500MHZ)

2017 303RLS bought April 2017 / Traded February 2019

Map represents States visited with our 303RLS /337RLS

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Our 2015 303 has an external vent. I can't believe they stopped doing this .
    It is noisy . . . but does a good job of telling the neighbours when we are having bacon for breakfast . . . and the internal "bacon detector" never goes off.

Rob
    Cate & Rob
    2015 Reflection 303RLS

King Pin
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I've had both versions. On the 2014, it was the vent over the stove. On the 2017, it's the Maxx Fan mounted over the cooking area along with a filter and recirculating fan over the stove. Both systems worked adequately to keep smoke and steam to a minimum. After using both methods, my preferred method is the current set up without the vent over the stove.

The drawback with the vent over the stove was the poor quality of the flapper on the outside. We replaced it three times in three years due to the little plastic tabs breaking. And it was always a fire drill to run outside while cooking because I'd forgot to open it up. Then at night, if a breeze picked up, the flapper would start making a slapping noise if I forgot to secure it.

The Maxx fan and recirculating filter do a good job too, but they require more cleaning due to grease and grime accumulation. But the parts are easy to remove and clean while doing dishes.

One thing I did right away was move the smoke detector away from the stove area when I got the unit. GD mounted it right above the stove! I moved it to the other side of the Maxx fan, and now we have very few false alarms while cooking.

Of course, now that we have an outside stove with the 297RSTS, I should be doing more cooking outside anyway!

Jim

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pullright View Post
    Yes I installw

I installed a vent to the outside slide wall of my 2014 solitude.Works well in removing the smoke problem.Works better if you cook your bacon in a pan on the inside of the stove instead of the front.I have photos
    of the process and can give you step by step instructions how to do it. So don't sell your Solitude ----just solve the issue
    Pullright - I sent you a PM
    Jim & Gwen
    2015 Solitude 379fl, VIN 573FS4324F1102454
    2011 F-350 SC, DRW, 6.7 PSD, Ride-Rite Air Bags, Pull-Rite 20.5 K
    "You can't get lost if you don't care where you're going"

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cate&Rob View Post
    . . . and the internal "bacon detector" never goes off.

Rob
    Rob,

Is that because you're using Canadian bacon??

Sorry, I couldn't resist.
    Steve and Cheryl

2017 Momentum 328M w/Dual Pane Windows and 3rd A/C. Aftermarket mods: Titan EOH Disc Brakes, MORryde IS suspension and Reese 5th Airborne Sidewinder pin box
    2014 Ram 3500 Longhorn Megacab 4x4 DRW with 6.7 HD Cummins Turbo Diesel, AISIN trans, 3.73 axles and a Reese 20K puck mount hitch
    Call sign: AAØSB, Class: Extra

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm totally confused. Our 2017 26RL seems to have a vent on the underside of the microwave/convection oven. Does it not vent to the outside?

2017 Reflection 26RL "Mili"
    2016 Ford F250 Extended Cab Gas Engine "Buck" (the truck)

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast