Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Camground South of Nashville

Hi All,

Anyone have experience with the Nashville I-24 campground in Symrna, TN? We plan to stay about two weeks in July.

I know there a lot more choices in the Nashviile area, but we need this particular location this time around and its reasonably priced.

Anyway, Ive searched this site plus a few others and reviews are all over the spectrum. I was hoping for someone here with personal experience rather than a google or yelp review.

Thanks in advance,
    Bob
    Bob & Donna - Maryland
    2017 303 RLS
    2023 Ford F350 CCLB 6.7 Diesel w/B & W Companion 3300 hitch

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The I-24 Campground in Smyrna is known to be a little run down, and it's not a full line campground with a pool and amenities. It's one of those places where construction workers are staying and campsites are small.

You'd do better to stay in one of the campgrounds over on Percy Priest Lake if you need to be in the Antioch/Lavergne/Smyrna area. Try Anderson Road Campground at 4010 Anderson Road, Smyrna, TN 615-361-1980 as it gets good ratings.

Let us know what part of town you need to be close to, and we can possibly help. (I grew up in the area.)

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The I-24 Campground in Smyrna is known to be a little run down, and it's not a full line campground with a pool and amenities. It's one of those places where construction workers are staying and campsites are small.

You'd do better to stay in one of the campgrounds over on Percy Priest Lake if you need to be in the Antioch/Lavergne/Smyrna area. Try Anderson Road Campground at 4010 Anderson Road, Smyrna, TN 615-361-1980 as it gets good ratings.

Let us know what part of town you need to be close to, and we can possibly help. (I grew up in the area.)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bamaman,

Thank you so much, you confirmed what Id been reading. It may have improved somewhat since you last saw it though, their web page shows a pool and a small playground. Here's their current page: http://nashvillei24kampground.com/

I would have loved something on Percy Priest Lake but nothing was avalible. I can try again I suppose, and Anderson Rd as well.

Our daughter and her family just moved from Texas and are relocating to the Franklin area...that's where we would like to be near for this and future visits. We wanted to try the Seven Points COE but they too were full.

Bob
    Bob & Donna - Maryland
    2017 303 RLS

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Our youngest son and his family live in White Bluff, TN so we always stay at Montgomery Bell State Park. It's an easy drive from there to Franklin.

Dallas

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you, Ill take a look at it right now.
    Bob & Donna - Maryland
    2017 303 RLS

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I agree about Montgomery Bell State Park. It's outside of Dickson/White Bluff and I-840 bypass goes within 4 miles of Franklin. They've got very nice facilities including an inn on a beautiful little lake--with swimming beach.

Another alternative is Henry Horton State Park campground which is north of Chapel Hill--30 miles to Franklin. It's also got an inn/restaurant we used to stop at often and a large swimming pool complex.

The whole area is very interesting with so many music stars living in Franklin/Williamson County. You never know who you're going to run into in restaurants and stores there.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Cages Bend is my favorite campground in Tennessee. There is a new campground (safe harbor Rv resort)that is super nice and has water surrounding, but is a little pricey.

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Cages Bend campground is a Corp of Engineers on Old Hickory Lake--outside of Gallatin.

Safe Harbor is on Percy Priest Lake close to the Nashville Airport, and it'd be much closer and easier to get to.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I looked at the COE's you mentioned & they look beautiful. We want to stay at some of them on future visits. The problem this time is we didn't know we'd be going down so we're not having any luck getting a site at any of them. It looks like they fill up well in advance, and I guess being summer it was even quicker.
    Bob & Donna - Maryland
    2017 303 RLS

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast